How to use new social media packages!

Weeziblu

This may very well be a dumb question but I'm asking anyway... 😜.

I'd prefer to put my phone in the safe and be 100% on vacation, however, there are medical issues with someone at home and I'll need to receive updates. If I purchase the new social media package, would I put my phone in airplane mode to keep calls from ringing thru? I would like to send and receive iMessages with taking calls.

Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're welcome. It really was very simple.

This is why I took a photo of the card because it pretty much explains it. Just follow their instructions.

I had no issues easily connecting from my cabin down on Riviera. If I lost the connection elsewhere on the ship, I simply logged back in. Only took seconds.

I bought the Value package and didn't really need it. The Social would've been just fine since all I really wanted was to upload a few pics to gloat about being on a cruise. :p

Not sure whether we'll have it on Splendor at the end of October. I've read conflicting info. If we do, I'll maybe get the Social plan, but I have no burning desire to stay connected when I sail.

I have quick question about the internet plans-

if i want access to the airline's website, plus other things too like the social sites: instagram, Facebook etc. would the value plan give me access to that or do I need the Premium plan?

I have quick question about the internet plans-

if i want access to the airline's website, plus other things too like the social sites: instagram, Facebook etc. would the value plan give me access to that or do I need the Premium plan?

Value will work just fine. You only need the premium for streaming like Pandora or Skype calling.

Read the small print in the photo - it tells you what you can access under the various plans.

And this is why I asked if OP had searched for an existing thread (since I don't follow him and his posts are always widely broadcast here for debate):

What he posted on Friday (and we know he's always right, right?)...

The new internet plans are available now on the following ships.

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Conquest

Carnival Ecstasy

Carnival Elation

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Glory

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Paradise

Carnival Pride

Carnival Sensation

Carnival Sunshine

Carnival Victory

The plan includes the new social media packages that start from $5 a day to $18 or $25 per cruise

I just wanted to confirm the roll out of the new internet plans for August and September as follows

Carnival Splendor - August 4th

Carnival Magic – August 16th

Carnival Triumph – August 29th

Carnival Valor - September 12th

Carnival Fantasy – September 19th

And you can find info on the plans on Carnival's website, too. I assume I don't need to Google that for people, do I? ;)

It is per folio and can be used on an unlimited number of devices one at a time.

Really?

Everytime I've seen someone mention messaging others on board, there has been a reply that they would have to buy the plan for every device.

But if it is unlimited devices- then you would only need 1 plan for your group.

Can others confirm?

Really?

Everytime I've seen someone mention messaging others on board, there has been a reply that they would have to buy the plan for every device.

But if it is unlimited devices- then you would only need 1 plan for your group.

Can others confirm?

It's not technically unlimited devices but you can get around this by logging out of one device and into another. So, if you had an iPhone and an iPad on your cruise with you and wanted internet on both I would think you should just buy one plan and log in on one device, log out and then log into the other.

It's not technically unlimited devices but you can get around this by logging out of one device and into another. So, if you had an iPhone and an iPad on your cruise with you and wanted internet on both I would think you should just buy one plan and log in on one device, log out and then log into the other.

It is technically unlimited devices. Otherwise Carnival would lock it via my purchased device MAC address rather than my folio number. Yes you may only use it one device at a time but you may use as many devices as you choose.

I have used it on multiple cruises and multiple devices each time.

anyone know how fast the premium is? for $100 its a bargain for me if its way faster than it has been. Checking email or facebook was a waiting game :o

I had no problem streaming pandora on the Breeze last month using the premium package.

I know there are existing threads because I've posted in them. Did you do a search?

From my Freedom sailing 11/28/14...

15799235178_a8aa60a543_c.jpg

That pretty much covers it.

Does anyone know if these entire cruise prices are good on 8 night sailings?

Thanks!

anyone know how fast the premium is? for $100 its a bargain for me if its way faster than it has been. Checking email or facebook was a waiting game :o

Worked great for 5 days. Not sure why but last 2 days really bogged down on me.