Tell me about the money bar

lbt43

Was there last Wednesday. If possible, bring own snorkel gear.

Rental fee for (2) people for masks, fins and locker rental - $50.00.

Had brought own towels, and water shoes.

Plenty of chaise loungers and room. To the best of my knowledge, no other people from either of the cruise ships in port were there. No pressure to to purchase food/drinks from the bar but why not ? After snorkeling, we enjoyed a good sized glass of wine and an ice tea for only $8.00 (not including tip).

$11.00 taxi ride (+tip) each way. Snorkeling was awesome and lots of fish.

Best part - we could leave whenever we were done and not committed to any time frame.

Stopping in Cozumel again next cruise and plan on heading to the Money Bar once again with own gear but will be enjoying the restaurant/bar longer.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, if you're only there for the day, I wouldn't. We've gone there twice as we were doing snorkel trips with Tiger....as for the MB itself, food is pretty pricey and not great, drink prices were somewhat steep as well and service is hit and miss. The 'beach' area is pretty small and there are definitely better snorkel spots in the area if that's what you're looking for. If given the option for the day, that would definitely not be my choice to spend time at.

Agreed. ;) I thought the prices were in line with other beach clubs and the food and service were above average. We love the snorkeling from the shore and knew there would not be any "beach" - just a sandy area; beaches cloud the water and ruin the snorkeling.

Sunset Beach is great snorkeling. And, really anywhere you can hop in along the coastline will be good. We snorkeled up by the condo areas (Puesta Del Sol) and that was amazing. The snorkeling is on at Money Bar....just not the best choice for food/drinks/beach in the area if that's what you're looking for.