Taxi prices from Money Beach to Downtown?

nikkipartain

My husband and I are cruising on the Carnival Valor next week. We are planning to relax at Money Beach for most of the day, but I'd also like to get most of our souvenir shopping done in Cozumel. I'm told that it has the best prices of the ports we'll visit (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Isla Roatan, Belize).

I'm assuming that downtown would be the best place to get some shopping done. Is this correct? And if so, how much should we expect to spend on taxis? We'll be going from the port, to Money Beach, to downtown, and back to the port.

And if anyone has any better ideas for how to spend the day, please share! :)

My husband and I are cruising on the Carnival Valor next week. We are planning to relax at Money Beach for most of the day, but I'd also like to get most of our souvenir shopping done in Cozumel. I'm told that it has the best prices of the ports we'll visit (Cozumel, Costa Maya, Isla Roatan, Belize).

I'm assuming that downtown would be the best place to get some shopping done. Is this correct? And if so, how much should we expect to spend on taxis? We'll be going from the port, to Money Beach, to downtown, and back to the port.

And if anyone has any better ideas for how to spend the day, please share! :)

Assuming you will be at Puerta Maya

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/TAXIPUERTAMAYA

Plenty of souvenir shopping at all the piers too if you don't want to pay for the extra taxi to and from town.

Taxi fares will be posted near the cab line outside of your pier. Fare for 4 to the Money Bar should be about $10; fare from the Money bar to downtown should be under $15 and the fare to get back to your pier should be under $10

You should confirm the fare with the driver BEFORE you get into the cab; there are 3 cruise ship piers on Coz - be sure you know which one to go back to (after several Margaritas the sunshine begins to affect your memory). ;)