Kochi Japan

sandyss

There are still no excursions listed for Kochi Japan, where our cruise docks in September.

The port is located in Urado Bay - which is far from sights that we will want to see. From what I can tell, neither of the two tram lines or the tourist bus have stops near the port.

Does anyone know if Celebrity will offer a shuttle to town or tours of Kochi?

There are still no excursions listed for Kochi Japan, where our cruise docks in September.

The port is located in Urado Bay - which is far from sights that we will want to see. From what I can tell, neither of the two tram lines or the tourist bus have stops near the port.

Celebrity has almost never offered a shuttle into any town. The towns often do. Suggest you go to your Roll call as there will be others there who would be interested in an excursion.

It would be helpful to find out if Celebrity plans to offer "anything" at that port. Our preference is to get into town so that we can explore on our own. I know that we could probably take taxis into town, but since according to the Kochi Port website, it takes 30 minutes to drive to town (there will be 5 of us), we would like to know if we have any other options.

Has anyone else had a port stop in Kochi? We would appreciate any information that could be provided.

If Celebrity is monitoring this board, can you provide any information?

Celebrity also has not posted any tours for Kagoshima Japan.

If the Celebrity representative is monitoring this board, please update your website for both Kochi and Kagoshima.

Again suggest you go to your roll call. Also see below.

Chiran and Kamikaze Museum KJ35

Kagoshima, Japan

Experience the history and heritage of Japan's legendary warrior class--the Samurai, on this fascinating tour of Chiran Town on the Satsuma Peninsula. Activity Type: Destination Highlights Activity Level: Moderate Duration: 4 hours 0 minute Restrictions: N/A OverAll Ratings:

★★★

Edited by az_tchr

Celebrity also has not posted any tours for Kagoshima Japan.

If the Celebrity representative is monitoring this board, please update your website for both Kochi and Kagoshima.

If the Celebrity rep does not come on here with information I suggest you contact them and express your concerns. There is a 'concerns' email, I am sure someone will post and remind us exactly what it is. Planning excursions and looking forward to your cruise are a very important part of your holiday, we are already beginning to plan our cruise in October 2017!

Much as I agree liaising with your roll call can be good it is also nice to see what X is offering in terms of trips and shuttles.

Hope the information you want is quickly given, have a great cruise!

Again suggest you go to your roll call. Also see below.

Chiran and Kamikaze Museum KJ35

Kagoshima, Japan

Experience the history and heritage of Japan's legendary warrior class--the Samurai, on this fascinating tour of Chiran Town on the Satsuma Peninsula. Activity Type: Destination Highlights Activity Level: Moderate Duration: 4 hours 0 minute Restrictions: N/A OverAll Ratings:

★★★

Thank you for your suggestions AZ_TCHR. To clarify, I am active on our Roll Call. There are no private excursions listed for either Kochi or Kagoshima. In fact, the Chiran Tour does not show up on the Shore Excursion list for our cruise.

Since we are a family group of 5 (including a 12 year old), we are planning to be mostly independent at the various ports. We have scheduled one Celebrity tour so far. We have also scheduled one private tour and one taxi tour for our South Korea ports.

We would like to see what Celebrity offers for Kochi and Kagoshima before making plans for those ports. But, as usual, the Celebrity Shore Excursions website, is not yet complete for our cruise.

If the Celebrity rep does not come on here with information I suggest you contact them and express your concerns. There is a 'concerns' email, I am sure someone will post and remind us exactly what it is. Planning excursions and looking forward to your cruise are a very important part of your holiday, we are already beginning to plan our cruise in October 2017!

Much as I agree liaising with your roll call can be good it is also nice to see what X is offering in terms of trips and shuttles.

Hope the information you want is quickly given, have a great cruise!

Thanks chemmo. If there is a "concerns" email, I can try that. Our cruise is in September 2016, so we are in the midst of planning for it.

If no one responds with the 'concerns' email address I suggest you contact the Captains Club and ask their advice and for the email to express concern.

I do know often things are outside Celebrity's control, for example, awaiting information, but they should let you know. After years of great pre cruise info and tours we had some hiccups on our Trans Pacific when one company last minute cancelled the excursion we had booked through X....Much as we knew it was not X's fault it was still annoying. I do know it is the ports they only visit once or twice a year that tend to have these problems. However, with only about 7 months until your cruise you should be able to browse excursions - even if some are 'subject to change'.

Sincere best wishes, let us know how X responds to your telephone calls/emails, important for all of us.

Edited by chemmo

• 1 year later...

Sandy

I'm on a Celebrity cruise with a stop in Kochi this September.

Since your post is over a year old, I'm assuming your cruise is over.

Can you tell me what the deal was in Kochi? Did the port provide transportation, were cabs available?

Thanks.