Champagne on Silver Spirit

tinkky

We are champagne drinkers and look forward to enjoying it often on SS. It depends upon who the cruise line contracts with. On our most recent SS cruises they have served either NIcolas Feuillate or Perrier Jouet. Hope they have something that you will enjoy!

Currently the Whisper has Monopole or Pommery, and has done so for the last couple of years. Not sure if there is anything different on any of the fleet.

That is what was on the Spirit last year. Both are great. I prefer Monopole over Pommery. It's amazing how everything tastes better when you are that happy and relaxed on a Silversea voyage.

They sure do! I often get it by accident when asking for champagne. Though to me a completely different drink from champagne, I am not altogether unhappy with the switch. They also do a very nice rose version too. For champagne I am happy to say it is Monopol with the odd bottle of Pommery still floating about. At least that was the case on Spirit in Oct. Perfect as an early evening tipple with just a dash of cassis. Don't ask for Kir Royale or you will end up with a very sweet version made with Prosecco!

They sure do! I often get it by accident when asking for champagne. Though to me a completely different drink from champagne, I am not altogether unhappy with the switch. They also do a very nice rose version too. For champagne I am happy to say it is Monopol with the odd bottle of Pommery still floating about. At least that was the case on Spirit in Oct. Perfect as an early evening tipple with just a dash of cassis. Don't ask for Kir Royale or you will end up with a very sweet version made with Prosecco!

I tend to be a bit cynical, I fear, and wonder if the prosecco being substituted is really 'by accident'. Having said that, I prefer it to poor champagne.