Escape - April 9th - Cabin assignment :(

So, I just had our cabin assignment for our Escape cruise...15700! THE MOST FORWARD CABIN EVER! lol

It's under the fitness centre and hair salon, which could be a quiet location as opposed to being right under the pool deck itself.

If someone who's had this room/section could chime in and tell me their experience, I would be very grateful.

Plus side is we will be doing TONS of walking to the aft of the ship every day so technically shouldn't gain a single pound!

It looks like you will have to look to the bridge for a forward view but it is definitely in a quiet spot on the ship, well, unless the treadmills are above you. It also looks like it is an oceanview room. I don't see a bvalcony but I could be wrong.

849804295_ScreenShot2016-03-25at3_40_10PM.jpg.6eb3a30b05a86f2d034d7bb17ee1f62d.jpg

Actually, from the photo and the NCL deck plans, I think those are just more windows from the bridge area. On the deck plans, the balconies start a bit further down, I believe.

And we right under the salon. That's a very quiet location!

Edited by ilovetotravel1977

Thanks for that input.

Based on images I have found, it "looks" like there are a few cabins before mine with a different balcony/window set up. Is that were the Captain and his Bridge staff sleep perhaps? The Bridge is right there so it kinda makes sense?

ScreenShot2014-04-10at93225AM_zps06b87ad4.png

There are 4 or 5 cabins/windows before the balconies with the deeper dividers start. And, if you look on NCL Deck plans, the cabins don't start right AT the wing of the bridge, they start a bit down further.

Gosh, this is so silly, at least I have a balcony, but I'm very OCD when planning anything! lol I don't like surprises :o

Based on images I have found, it "looks" like there are a few cabins before mine with a different balcony/window set up. Is that were the Captain and his Bridge staff sleep perhaps? The Bridge is right there so it kinda makes sense?

I don't know for certain, but I would bet that's the case. The Jewel class ships are that way.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

But, if you're OCD and don't like surprises, you may want to choose a specific cabin next time.

Just sayin.

Thanks, i will for sure!

I had picked our inside room, but MIL wanted at least a window, so when the bx dropped below our inside price I had to take the chance.

Initially, I was disappointed because we are planning on going to the Manhattan DR every night and DD7 will be using Splash Academy every night, both are closer to the Aft elevators. I also thought we would be tucked into a corner and get no sun on our balcony, but now see that is not the case.

On our Epic cruise last year, we got upgraded for free to an Aft-facing balcony (disabled), and now we are at the most forward we can get LOL

Happy Easter and happy cruising everyone! :D

Thanks! I just wanted to see if my view was obstructed also.

I just googled NCL Escape Starboard side and found photos and was able to determine where my cabin was. It doesn't look like has it a different size/shape balcony than the others. I also compared to the images on the NCL deck plans to see it's location

Maybe try doing that as you are on Port side of the ship.

Thanks for that input.

Based on images I have found, it "looks" like there are a few cabins before mine with a different balcony/window set up. Is that were the Captain and his Bridge staff sleep perhaps? The Bridge is right there so it kinda makes sense?...

I was taken through the crew elevator area and quickly snapped this directory from next to the elevator. It does show crew quarters on Deck 15.

IMG_20160312_102910.jpg.6c09fb538dc2d5f326301d5e481be6de.jpg

Better Forward than aft on 15th! At least your stairways and elevators will be less likely to be smeared with ice cream (at least I hope it was ice cream) and the like! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sailing on Escape April 23 with a balcony guarantee cabin, wondering if anyone has ideas where the obstructed view cabins are located? This is our 6th cruise, but first balcony, rolled the dice on the guarantee balcony.