changing website how ?

fvandewouwer

how to change the website ? https://www.ncl.com/eu/en/

I have booked 2 NCL cruises through an English agent and now I get all the information in GBP prices

Anyone knows how I can change ( or take a look at ) the website into the US or euro currency ?

My system does not allow to see prices in us or in euro anymore.

I am trying to book an excursion but it would be ridiculous to pay this in GBP as my currency is euro.

Thank you all

happy holidays

from Belgium

Interesting that you are seeing the UK pricing on the "eu/en" version of the site. I thought the site redirection was based only on geographical location, but in your case maybe NCL has set some parameter in your account to GBP because of your past bookings.

Anyway, you can try the suggestions discussed in this thread from last month:

Need link to American and EU "version" of ncl.com

Follow up: Sorry, I mean, http://www.ncl.com doesn't work if you want anything other than the version of the website that NCL wants you to see (or thinks that you want to see).

It sounds like the OP is being properly redirected to "eu/" so something else must be going on to make GBP pricing appear. (I don't know if it's stored in cookies, but it's worth a try clearing them.)

thank you for your reply tried to create a vpn as explained and everything is in German now which I can change into English, that is the good news, prices remain in gpb so I guess you are correct It probably has something to do with some parameters in my account.

really do not understand why NCL must make this so complicated there is absolutely no problem with Carnival or RCI

Well I learned about Hola now who knows changing some settings will help me out

have a wonderful happy new year

Interesting that you are seeing the UK pricing on the "eu/en" version of the site. I thought the site redirection was based only on geographical location, but in your case maybe NCL has set some parameter in your account to GBP because of your past bookings.

Anyway, you can try the suggestions discussed in this thread from last month:

Need link to American and EU "version" of ncl.com

cleaned the cookies ... nothing ... will try from another computer tomorrow

thanks for your time to answer this question

happy holidays

Follow up: Sorry, I mean, http://www.ncl.com doesn't work if you want anything other than the version of the website that NCL wants you to see (or thinks that you want to see).

It sounds like the OP is being properly redirected to "eu/" so something else must be going on to make GBP pricing appear. (I don't know if it's stored in cookies, but it's worth a try clearing them.)

I I wonder if the reason that you are getting excursion prices in GBP is because you booked your cruise with a UK agent. I live in Portugal and researched my cruise on the EU website and all prices were shown in euro. Then, like you, I booked the cruise through a UK agent which worked for me as I have a UK bank account. Now, if I open http://www.ncl.com/eu/en/ all prices come up in euro but as soon as I log into MyNcl to check out excursions, etc. the prices come up in GBP.

You say that it is ridiculous to pay the excursions in GBP but, if you booked through a UK agent, didn't you pay for the cruises in GBP?

Jetlagged787 is competely correct. I somehow skipped over the part of the OP's first message where they mentioned excursions. I thought they were trying to make a new cruise booking.

fvandewouwer, if you booked your cruises with NCL UK (through a UK agent), the currency for those bookings is GBP and all prices for add-ons in your Explore & Plan for those cruises will be in GBP (converted from the USD price based on the exchange rate locked in at the time of booking). This is normal and expected and, I think, unavoidable. If you want to pre-pay for excursions, beverage/dining packages, spa services, etc. they will be charged in GBP. If you wait until you're on board, everything will be in USD. You won't be able to do anything in EUR for these two bookings.

Jetlagged787 is competely correct. I somehow skipped over the part of the OP's first message where they mentioned excursions. I thought they were trying to make a new cruise booking.

fvandewouwer, if you booked your cruises with NCL UK (through a UK agent), the currency for those bookings is GBP and all prices for add-ons in your Explore & Plan for those cruises will be in GBP (converted from the USD price based on the exchange rate locked in at the time of booking). This is normal and expected and, I think, unavoidable. If you want to pre-pay for excursions, beverage/dining packages, spa services, etc. they will be charged in GBP. If you wait until you're on board, everything will be in USD. You won't be able to do anything in EUR for these two bookings.

Ok,I do understand this perfectly and it makes sence now.

But checking prices for a new cruise is also not possible anymore in euro /usd

System refuses to bring me to the .com

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

Ok,I do understand this perfectly and it makes sence now.

But checking prices for a new cruise is also not possible anymore in euro /usd

System refuses to bring me to the .com

That is very strange and must be frustrating for you. We are in similar situations as both are in mainland Europe and both have bookings with a UK agent. I can get into NCL.com and immediately get prices in euro but you cannot. This all tells me that it must be a problem with your particular PC or system.

I believe that you said that you have cleared your cookies. I am not an IT expert so clumsily find my way around the system as best I can. At this point, I would be making sure about those cookies by clearing them again. I would also clear the browsing history and cache and then reboot my machine. I am sure that a number of experts will soon be jumping all over me and my non-expert suggestions, but it's amazing how many problems I have cleared that way.

That is very strange and must be frustrating for you. We are in similar situations as both are in mainland Europe and both have bookings with a UK agent. I can get into NCL.com and immediately get prices in euro but you cannot. This all tells me that it must be a problem with your particular PC or system.

I believe that you said that you have cleared your cookies. I am not an IT expert so clumsily find my way around the system as best I can. At this point, I would be making sure about those cookies by clearing them again. I would also clear the browsing history and cache and then reboot my machine. I am sure that a number of experts will soon be jumping all over me and my non-expert suggestions, but it's amazing how many problems I have cleared that way.

What OS and browser are you folks using ? Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari, etc. It's likely more than just simply clearing the cookies & cache - probably involved checking & changing the default DNS (modem/router software settings) ... re-route to opendns dot com (which is http : //208 . 69 . 38 . 170 /) [[edit the extra blank spaces I manually inserted, do not want to redirect you, directly]] and have fun doing a little reading. "Google" it on how to change your modem/router settings or get a tech geek friend to help give it a try - it 's not difficult at all.

Your broadband/ISP or internet provider might be using their preferred DNS, use Google's or OpenDNS (and, plenty others out there) as it can help overcome any geographic coding and restrictions, blocking access - on your own or from NCL's server/website's end. Chrome & Firefox browsers have add-on "extensions" that can do this on the fly, using DNS from another country, tunneling if you would or going under the radar, pretty much like using a VPN to bypass restrictions ... on the other side of the pond.

Case in point, I just booted into my Linuxmint portable OS on the desktop, launched Firefox and got into ncl.com/eu/en/------ easily, just as easy as using Windows 10 Pro on Chrome. I am seeing prices & details in Euro dollars - and the telephone number to call is 00800 0310 21 21

Most of time, this will do the trick but not always, sites might be checking your external IP address - however, doesn't appeared NCL is doing this (logged into the MyNCL dot com, maybe not)

P.S. That Need Link thread above is dead, invalid URL ... (moved or deleted, dunno)

Edited by mking8288

mking8288 thanks for the detailed explanation but I'm afraid most if that went straight over my head, but hopefully the OP understands more of what you say. For the record, I am using Chrome. See, I understood that bit!

I have a laptop that I take on my travels.

At home I bring up http://www.ncl.com, I'm directed to US NCL.

When I was in Venice/BCN, I bring up http://www.ncl.com and I'm directed to EU NCL.

And last year when I was in the UK, I bring up http://www.ncl.com and I'm directed to UK NCL.

So ... it boils down to the IP address of the ISP that my laptop was using at the time.

A real PITA ....

I have a laptop that I take on my travels.

At home I bring up http://www.ncl.com, I'm directed to US NCL.

When I was in Venice/BCN, I bring up http://www.ncl.com and I'm directed to EU NCL.

And last year when I was in the UK, I bring up http://www.ncl.com and I'm directed to UK NCL.

So ... it boils down to the IP address of the ISP that my laptop was using at the time.

A real PITA ....

The free VPN that Froggatt mentioned called Tunnelbear would be perfect for you. The free version gives you 500 Mb data per month and would be fine for your occasional use.

And, if you re-tweet a Tunnelbear tweet "I love TB" or something similar, you get another 1Gb every month.

I hear its also great if you are in the USA and want to access gambling sites in the UK.....

Be aware that even if you buy the unlimited internet for on board usage, NCL do not allow you to access VPNs on board. I tried two different ones - trying to access a VPN immediately disables the wifi. That's a PITA.

Edited by Froggitt

THANK YOU ALL

I installed Tunnelbear and I could access the .com website and got all prices in USD as I wanted

for everyone else who is a geek in computers ( as I am ) it really is very simpel

install Tunnelbear and you can browse through your normal system to the website you want ( you can put Tunnelbear on and off with a switch )

thank you all so much for helping me out

br Frie

2043558815_Christmas2017.jpg.6a1dc3f43dabd0033583a967e39172b6.jpg

THANK YOU ALL

I installed Tunnelbear and I could access the .com website and got all prices in USD as I wanted

for everyone else who is a geek in computers ( as I am ) it really is very simpel

install Tunnelbear and you can browse through your normal system to the website you want ( you can put Tunnelbear on and off with a switch )

thank you all so much for helping me out

br Frie

That's great news Frie. Thanks for letting us know. Have a great Christmas and New Year.

Thanks for the tips everyone! I just installed Tunnelbear and it works like a charm. Sometimes we book in USD and sometimes we book in CAD so it's nice to be able to get prices in either currency without calling NCL. We like to have our ducks in a row and know exactly what we want to book when we call.