Hotel 1 night Pre-cruise Venice

elizabeth612

Can someone suggest a decent hotel near the cruise port in Venice? Or something easy to get to from the airport, and then easy to port? I'll only have one night in Venice and not very able-bodied to be dragging luggage around the city. Thanks in advance!

Elizabeth

Piazzale Roma is the last point of land travel in Venice so it's where taxis, buses and cars drop off their passengers. It's basically a large parking lot ringed by shops/offices.

There are 2 hotels at PRoma; Ca Doge and Santa Chiara. A taxi could drop you at their door, or, the airport express bus will drop you within a block's walk.

There are a few other hotels that are within a 5 minute walk and only have 1 small bridge to cross. Info in this link:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/bridges/piazzale-roma.htm

A cab to/from the airport will be about 40/45E. A cab to the port will be about 20E.

The airport bus to Venice will drop you off at Piazzale Roma. From there it is a 10 minute walk to the Best Western Hotel Olimpia. You will have to cross one small bridge. I stayed at the Olimpia in 2013 and was very happy with it. On cruise day, you can walk to the Piazzale Roma and take the People Mover (about 1 Euro) to the cruise ship terminals. I'm in my 60's and accomplished this myself without any trouble. Hope this helps!

Just now booked Hotel Olimpia. We will have a few hours to get around Venice on the day we arrive and the day of ship departure. Is it much of a hassle to get over to St. Marks?

To St Marks from Olimpia ? Walk 5 minutes from the hotel to the Grand Canal and take a water bus. That's my preference. Or you can walk it in less than an hour if you have a good sense of direction and all the signage is in place.

Don't be in a rush to get on the ship. Board later than sooner .... you'll have a week on board the ship. Take that time to spend several hours in Venice.