Navigator of the Seas - 9 Day Southern Caribbean- Another Sayvan Semi Live Report

sayvan

Hey Everyone.... Well its time for another review (ok.. I have only actually only written two others but it sounds better if I make it sound like I am a pro at this)! If you have any interest in following along let me say thanks right off the start. As mentioned above, I have previously written two picture reviews and you can find one of them here and here (yep, that would be two shameless plugs!)

Ok... Lets give ya some background. The players in this review will be myself and DW, Vanda. I am Steve, but the again if you actually clicked on my shameless plugs above then you already know that.

This was our first cruise on Royal Caribbean but I can safely say that it won't be the last. We have cruised numerous times on Carnival, lots of time on Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and recently Norwegian. All in all, we love to cruise and meet new people all the time.

You will find lots of pictures in this review from around the ship and of course each of the ports. I am going to leave it at that right now as I need to get my pictures ready sooooo stay tuned!

Later folks!

Let me give you a bit more background. We hail from Stratford, located in southwestern Ontario, Canada. Yep, we get lots of lake effect snow that streams off of the shores of Lake Huron. No doubt, you're starting to realize why we have this real need to escape the snows and cold of winter and head as south as we can. Thus, the reason for Southern Caribbean cruise. In fact, truth be known, I loathe the winter and am happiest when I have my flip flops on and an ice cold beer or frozen drink in my hand!

So how did we happen upon Navigator and her journey south? Well.... obviously winter is one reason but actually we were just searching (as we are always looking) and came across a great deal that we couldn't refuse. Royal Caribbean had some kind of a sale on and we happened upon it. The next phase was trying to find some flights to see if in fact a deal was what we actually had....

As I mentioned, we are in Stratford, Ontario which actually gives us some great options when looking at flights. We are approximately two hours (give or take) from Toronto, Buffalo or Detroit. So with that we headed off to Detroit and Spirit Airlines where we found a return flight for $159.00 total.... yep for the two of us! We had sealed the deal.

We left on January 31 and stayed in Miami for a few days then we headed off to meet up with Navigator. The Cruise was a nine day jaunt out of Miami, leaving on February 3 with stops in Labadee, Curacao, Aruba and Bonaire. Cruise ended on June 12th and we stayed in Ft. Lauderdale after for a few days after.

Stay tuned... pictures are almost ready...

I should also mention we booked a guaranteed oceanview room. Now remember we have never travelled with Royal Caribbean before. So obviously, first impressions can mean a lot. Well Royal scored high for us on this. First off, the Crown and Anchor program. Instead of being first time cruisers with Royal, they gave us credit for our Celebrity cruises and moved us up to Platinum level... not bad (although I didn't really see the great benefit of the program). Now if that wasn't good enough (which it was) when we found out (about 3 weeks before the cruise) about our room, we realized they assigned us a balcony room. It was perfect! First impressions were a winner!

We're booked for April 2018, so am anxiously following this review! Only been on one RCI cruise, so have never been on an actual Voyager class ship (not sure of we'll be missing much of anything from Freedom class), and haven't been to ANY of the ports on this itinerary. Also love the 4 sea days as well. I like a nice balance of port days as well as relaxing sea days! Am definitely subscribed to thread!

We're booked for April 2018, so am anxiously following this review! Only been on one RCI cruise, so have never been on an actual Voyager class ship (not sure of we'll be missing much of anything from Freedom class), and haven't been to ANY of the ports on this itinerary. Also love the 4 sea days as well. I like a nice balance of port days as well as relaxing sea days! Am definitely subscribed to thread!

You will love these ports... so much to do in each. The sea days were spread out nicely and we enjoy sea days almost as much as Port days... maybe more. The trade winds can make those sea days a bit breezy at times but it's actually a refreshing breeze!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Following along! We just visited the ABC islands for the first time a couple of weeks ago and fell in love! We were on the Adventure of the Seas which is a sister ship to Navigator so I can't wait to see the pics of the ship too. Excited to hear about your observations of the islands and also Royal Caribbean. We love RC but have also sailed on Celebrity and were very impressed with them as well! We are now loyal to Royal though because we are almost Diamond on C&A and want to build up those points!