expedition ships dress code

CrusinPaul

The evening dress code is slightly relaxed on Expedition Ships.

On Captain's first night and last night and Venetian Society night, most men wear sport coats with no ties.

Other nights, men mostly wear slacks and collared shirts.

T-Shirts, shorts, blue jeans, flip flops and the like at dinner are not acceptable.

The ladies can play off my response with the appropriate attire.

I suspect Silver Cloud Expedition will be the same.

Jacko is correct. We'll be on Silver Explorer for the fourth time this October. The description matches what we've seen so far except maybe half wore sport jackets and many others wore sweaters, etc on the dressy nights. Yes, a few ties appeared.

Jeans definitely ok for lunch and dinner and I bet they'd let you in with jeans for dinner too if you showed up that way. It is definitely more casual. Plus, on the expedition cruises you have to be ready to run outside at any time because the wildlife may not respect your meal times. So fancy dinner clothes aren't so practical.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

JP is correct. George usually wears slacks and a nice shirt for dinner. No jacket ever. I wear mostly dressy pants and a top or a cocktail dress, but I am one who likes dressing up. You will see much more casual attire in the evening on the expedition ships. And I have been outside looking at wildlife in a dress and heels more than once.

Paul8718, thank you for starting this thread.

We board the Cloud expedition in Feb for multiple landings in the Falklands and So. Georgia islands. Understanding now that the dress code is more casual for evenings will help us (hoping anyway) pack less.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...