So all I need is a driver’s license and a Birth Cert if I am doing a Carribean loop?

LongHill44

I know if we have an emergency or need to fly home nothaving a passport will make matters worse, but as far as I can tell, a driver’slicense and a Birth Cert is all that is needed to go from Baltimore to the Brahmasand back. Correct?

Also, what do you do with teens, will their school ID and aBirth Cert work?

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3409/~/travel-documentation%3A-u.s.-citizens

Did you got your information from Carnival's website or the many threads here on the subject? I find it is always better to go straight to the source on these types of questions.

Domestic Cruises (including Canada) that do not include travel to Cuba

For cruises that begin and/or end in a U.S port, the following WHTI-Compliant Documents are acceptable for cruise travel. These standard forms of documentation will enable the Department of Homeland Security to quickly and reliably identify a traveler. If a picture I.D. is not affixed to the WHTI-compliant document, a picture I.D. is required (a valid, unexpired government-issued photo I.D. for all guests 16 years of age or older). If the cruise includes air travel to or from Canada, a valid, unexpired U.S. passport is required.

U.S. Passport | Passport Card | State Enhanced Driver's License | Certificate of U.S. Naturalization | Native American Indians | Unacceptable forms of documentation

Also acceptable for cruise travel (for cruises that begin and end in a U.S port), U.S. citizens can show proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate issued by a government agency and accompanied by a government-issued photo I.D.

Most states issue photo ID's for those who don't drive (looks like a drivers license), and will issue them to children too young to drive. This is a surer way than using a school ID, though I have heard that these are used.