OASIS Running Track

I live by the runner's motto, "I Love Running, Just Not While I'm Doing It." I am absolutely certain I will run on the OASIS track, so I can eat a ton of food and get my endorphins and feel normal. Has anyone used the track? Is it a nice, smooth continuous track, or are there bends or stairs? Is it crowded? What is the distance of one lap? Is there water available on the route? How much of the track is outside? What is the surface made of?

Okay, that's a lot of questions. I will include track info in my cruise review. We are leaving in 5 days!

I live by the runner's motto, "I Love Running, Just Not While I'm Doing It." I am absolutely certain I will run on the OASIS track, so I can eat a ton of food and get my endorphins and feel normal. Has anyone used the track? Is it a nice, smooth continuous track, or are there bends or stairs? Is it crowded? What is the distance of one lap? Is there water available on the route? How much of the track is outside? What is the surface made of?

Okay, that's a lot of questions. I will include track info in my cruise review. We are leaving in 5 days!

Running track 2.2 laps equal 1 mile. It's semi-outdoors....see video below. It's on deck 5 and goes all around the ship. Nice surface and no stairs. Water fountain close to Fitness Center entrance.

Just came off the Oasis on Sunday. While I am not a runner, I prefer walking to treadmill, so I did use the track every day. The track is on deck 5, which is the embarkation deck. And there is an entrance to the fitness center from the forward section of the ship .. although you have to walk up a flight of stairs to get there! The deck is the entire length of the ship, so it is a continuous oval track, no bends or stairs. There are two lanes .. outside for walkers. The track is all outside, although the tenders block most of the view. This also made for little air movement. Weather last week was low 80s, but if it was much warmer, I would have opted for the treadmills or ellipticals in the cooler fitness center. There was plenty availability of equipment. The aft portion of the track, where you could see the ocean, provided a nice breeze. I walked from 8-9am most days and there were about 5 runners and 10 walkers. It did not feel crowded. There is no water available, the only water fountain I remember was in the fitness center. There were 4 entries from the ship to the track, plus the stairs from the fitness center. There is a sign that says 1 mile = 2.4 times around the deck, so think that makes one lap about .4 mile. I am not sure about the surface. It felt like cool deck, plus several layers of green paint. Hope that helps!

This was my first time on the ship and it was ALL wonderful! Enjoy your cruise next week.

Has anyone used the track? Yes

Is it a nice, smooth continuous track, or are there bends or stairs? It is flat. It is continuous, and there are no stairs. The only turns are at the end, like an outdoor track.

Is it crowded? I went early in the morning (most days) and it was not very busy. Runners and Walkers stayed pretty organized. When couples were walking side by side, a simple "TRACK" call when approaching was enough to get room. In he afternoon there were a lot more casual strollers, but still workable.

What is the distance of one lap? I think I saw someone else answer. What I remember is go through the Fitness Center and the start line was close by. The track is well marked with miles and laps at the appropriate points. I go more off time, and paid attention only in passing.

Is there water available on the route? No. You would have to go into the fitness center.

How much of the track is outside? Most of it, but there are a lot of obstructed views. The one nice benefit compared to many ship tracks, it is a lot less windy. It is also shadier.

What is the surface made of? It was like a rubber tartan surface.

Here is a video of the track on youtube

I too was just off oasis and my wife and I used the track almost everyday. No it was not crowded at all. Everyone else answered your questions. Part of the track on both sides of vessel has a slight ramp approach either down or up. Not that noticeable at all. Very peaceful. Water fountain next to fitness entrance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums