Taxi to El Morro

klb1978

we are traveling on Oasis next week and it’s our first time in San Juan. Reading how beautiful the views and such are from El Morro. I read the trolley is free but sometimes a challenge to get a seat. Was thinking of checking on a taxi to El Morro (group of 10) and then walking back to the ship so we can see the city. Anyone know the cost of taxi to El Morro? I know we can also walk both ways but given heat and that 4 of 10 are kids a taxi one way might be best. I really don’t like taking taxis but it might be best idea.

We had no problem getting seats on the trolley. Traffic is extremely slow in the old town. Might take less time to walk! There is quite a bit of tree cover but understand concern about the heat. There is no tree cover from the drop off point to the fort, btw. If you have national park passes, remember to take them as this is a national park. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the taxi fare 1 way is around $10 for up to 5 persons then $2 for each person above that.

So $20 for 10 people, assuming you get a van cab or take 2 taxis.

However, as others have mentioned. Traffic can be very slow, and you might be able to walk there faster.

I think the taxi fare 1 way is around $10 for up to 5 persons then $2 for each person above that.

So $20 for 10 people, assuming you get a van cab or take 2 taxis.

However, as others have mentioned. Traffic can be very slow, and you might be able to walk there faster.

Price sounds about right and traffic shouldn't be an issue since the taxi will take a route around the outside part of the city where traffic is less dense. Where it gets bad is on the inner part of the city going to and around the city hall at the center and right in front of the piers.You should be fine with a passenger van but each passenger above 5 will pay an extra $2 above the regular ~US$10 rate.

Perfect thanks so much! This at least gives us an idea of what to expect to pay. I guess we will see how we feel the day of and go from there. I saw some pictures of a walk that takes you along the coast and it looks beautiful but hot! We are excited to explore a new area. Just wish we were in port longer

Perfect thanks so much! This at least gives us an idea of what to expect to pay. I guess we will see how we feel the day of and go from there. I saw some pictures of a walk that takes you along the coast and it looks beautiful but hot! We are excited to explore a new area. Just wish we were in port longer

How long are you in port for? The walk that you refer to is the street that I mentioned that goes around the outer part of the city. You can walk between EL Morro and the other fort, San Cristobal. If you have enough time you could do both. I'd start at San Cristobal, walk over to El Morro and then back to the pier across the center of the city.

How long are you in port for? The walk that you refer to is the street that I mentioned that goes around the outer part of the city. You can walk between EL Morro and the other fort, San Cristobal. If you have enough time you could do both. I'd start at San Cristobal, walk over to El Morro and then back to the pier across the center of the city.

Thank you for this information. Very helpful! I believe we are in port five hours. Just doesn’t seem like much time. Our plan is El Morro and then wander around town a bit and then the other fort if time/ energy permits. Traveling with four kids ages 3, 5, 6 and 7 so will see if they can hang for fort two 😊

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 9:42 PM, Stinger-pr said:

That's exactly what we did last week.  Walked up to San Cristobal and all through it, then walked over to El Morro and through some of it (we were getting worn out).   Then we took a taxi back to the pier; $12 for all 3 of us. 

It was a great day, although a VERY hot one.