Carnival Sauna Etiquette

Fishbone

Hi All,

I've lurked on these boards for years, but have only posted once since I generally find the information I'm looking for by just searching the boards. I haven't had much luck though in getting any information on basic sauna etiquette. We're set to sail Carnival Valor on September 24, 2006, and I'd love to try it out. Any helpful tips?

Love the steam sauna on the Carnival ships with the floor to ceiling windows. Not sure what you mean but here goes. Everyone that has been in the sauna was wearing their bathing suit or had a towel around them. Some towels were bigger then others.:p No one sat too close to the other person. Everyone got envolved with a little small talk. Thats about it. Enjoy!:)

Not sure if you're talking about the sauna (dry heat, wooden benches) or the steam room (wet heat, steam, tile benches), but the etiquette is pretty much the same.

On the men's side, it ranged from completely buck naked to towels to swimsuits. I think pretty much anything goes. It'd be the same way in the steam room or sauna at the gym back home.

heh, this reminds me of last August onboard the liberty. I went in there in my bathing suit after being in the pool. Then a Russian came in. He spoke little english.

He saw me said "American?" I told him yes he said "Russian" he asks me "this good?"

I told him it was good. He then says "It no good" he then proceeds to take all the water wet down the rocks. Wets down the thermostat, and then finally takes his towl waves it over the heater, and directs the heat right at me.

WOW! I have to admit that was really quite the sauna. I did the same as much as I could for him to get the heat on him. It was all I could do as I was starting to get dizzy. Now I know what a good sauna is! I came out red as if I had a sun burn!

As for etiquette, it was either towels or swimsuits in there.

Three Men In A Sauna

Three men are sitting naked in the sauna. Suddenly there is a beeping sound. The first man presses his forearm and the beeping stops. The others look at him curiously.

"That's my pager," he says. "I have a microchip under the skin of my arm."

A few minutes later a phone rings. The second man lifts his palm to his ear. When he finishes he explains, "That's my mobile phone. I have a microchip in my hand."

The third man, feeling decidedly low-tech, steps out of the sauna. In a few minutes he returns with a piece of toilet paper extending from his rear. The others raise their eyebrows.

"I'm getting a fax," he explains.

Three Men In A Sauna

Three men are sitting naked in the sauna. Suddenly there is a beeping sound. The first man presses his forearm and the beeping stops. The others look at him curiously.

"That's my pager," he says. "I have a microchip under the skin of my arm."

A few minutes later a phone rings. The second man lifts his palm to his ear. When he finishes he explains, "That's my mobile phone. I have a microchip in my hand."

The third man, feeling decidedly low-tech, steps out of the sauna. In a few minutes he returns with a piece of toilet paper extending from his rear. The others raise their eyebrows.

"I'm getting a fax," he explains.

And since it seems like there's so much optional nudity going on in the sauna...

Is this located near the Funnel Deck?:confused:

CJW;)

Archived