Looking for details about the X1 drink package

CruiseFanII

Hello,

I am looking for feedback from anyone who has purchased the X1 package on previous costa cruises -- what kind of wine choices did you have? Were you able to use the package in the buffet as well as the formal dining rooms? Did you find the package was worth the $$$?

I appreciate any information you can provide, as we are leaving 01/28 on the Magica and are considering this package.

Thanks!!! :)

This was the best deal going. The choices for wine were basically the kind of wine you wanted like chardonnay. The poured the wine from the same bottles as people who asked for wine by the glass so it depended on what was open. The wine was good every time. The beer was Budweiser on tap. You could get the X1 beer and wine from the buffets bars from about 12:00 till two. As the bartenders got to know you it was easier to get it earlier or latter. In the afternoon you could get it from about 5:30 till 8:00. You did not have to be eating just had to be at the pool bars or in the dinning room. We certainly got our money's worth. I will go on Costa again just to get X1.

I just booked this "package" and had David at Costa fax me the details.:D

The package name is "Individual Beverage Package (by the glass)"

The Code is as follows:

TTG CODE > X1

The price is

USD $11.40 PER/DAY S.C. INCLUDED

EUROS 9.90 PER/DAY S.C. INCLUDED

IT MUST BE PAID ONLY BEFORE THE CRUISE AND ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL GUESTS

THE X1 CODE WILL BE PRINTED ON THE PASSENGER'S COSTA BADGE

IT INCLUDES: WHITE AND RED WINES OR DRAFT BEER, SOFT DRINKS, MINERAL WATER ALL SERVED BY THE GLASS IN THE DINNING ROOM OR SELF-SERVICE RESTAURANTS DURING LUNCH AND DINNER ONLY

PAYING RESTAURANTS ARE NOT INCLUDED

Thx PX -- did you happen to see what kind of Red wines they were pouring?

I like Chardonnay, but my DH prefers reds -- like syrah, cabernet, red zin, etc... were any of those available?

Thanks again for the info - this board is great !!! I am soooooo ready for our cruise :)

Thx PH -- did you happen to see what kind of Red wines they were pouring?

I like Chardonnay, but my DH prefers reds -- like syrah, cabernet, red zin, etc... were any of those available?

Thanks again for the info - this board is great !!! I am soooooo ready for our cruise :)

Thx PH -- did you happen to see what kind of Red wines they were pouring?

Are the glasses nice sized? For soda, is it a large glass or smallish, filled with ice? On other lines, people complain about the servers being reluctant to serve those with soda cards since the tip has already been paid, did you find any of this true?

How about the wine? Nice sized glass? Do they check back for refills in the dining room?

Trying to decide between this and the wine package.....;)

People at our table had the wine package and said that they wished they had known about 1X before the cruise. The glasses at the buffet are smaller than the dining room. We never had a problem getting refills. PH

Hello to all

I´m going in a cabin located inside the Costa Concordia´s Samsara Spa, and would like to know if the X1 drink package can be used in the Samsara Restaurant?

I also saw in an earlier post that the X1 drink package is not valid in paying restaurants but, as I´m a Samsara guest I don´t have to pay to eat at the Samsara Restaurant!

tks

ncorvelo

:) I have just booked this package with Costa here in the UK, and the cost per couple is £13.57 ( sterling) per day. We are travelling with the Classica on the Jewels of the Emirates cruise from Dubai on 10 February.

We would not have found about this brilliant deal without the help of fellow Cruise Critics, so many thanks to you all!!!

CruiseFanII--"We have booked this package for our 1/28 - 2/04 B2B Magica cruises... Will post our comments when we get back" -- We will be onboard for the first leg of your B2B. My friend keeps asking me about the water that's includedin the wine package.... Do you think she can ask for bottled water and have the bottle? I'm sure we'll be just fine and all this questioning will be answered once we get into the swing of things. It's really being excitied about the ship and learning all about "Cruising Italian Style" that has our attention. The best way to recommend any ship is to sail on her. Someone has to do it, right? *lol* Look for us at the pool bar, chatting with everyone....

Thanks for the reply about "by the glass".... This has been a tough question to answer, now wondering why others who have been on the MAGICA have not given their input... Hope someone might comment before we leave. If not, let's at least meet up and have a Cruise Critic Toast!

Just spoke to Costa rep. and ordered our X1 package. It came out to approx $11 USD per day. She did mention soda and water as well as wine and draft beer (hence by the glass I guess - no bottles) with lunch and dinner. It also includes all service fees which is a plus that I was not expecting. A great deal!

Archived