Eurodam SZ10005 New room configuration

BucknJeff

Greetings all!

I'm sure I'm barking up an empty tree, but here goes!

We are contemplating this suite SZ10005 on the Panorama deck, forward. It appears to be quite large, and to have 2 forward facing windows. Sadly, the deck plans note that it does not have the double vanity, separate shower stall, or sofa bed.

First, I called HAL Seattle an spoke to a delightful but ultimately unhelpful person that stated that the whole of HAL's knowledge is contained on the website. This seems hard to believe.

I have poured over the deck plans, the blog, the video, pictures et al, and can not find anything out about this room.

I'd like to know: How large are the forward windows? Are they floor to ceiling? I doubt they open as there does not appear to be any balcony area outside of them. They call the room a "double", what does this mean?

What is the room and bathroom configuration? What is the verandah configuration? is the verandah obstructed?

CC seems to be filled with people that can find out the impossible details. Any help you can give us is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Seems as I recall several comments relative to this question previously posted. It has been suggested for example, that the forward facing windows have been eliminated from this cabin. Check out the Eurodam blog; lot's of info there, including pictures.

Thanks Cruzman!

We have looked over the entire blog, and all of the pictures therein. It appears that the front windows have been eliminate from this room, if you believe the mockup in the video. The band of glass and black is so dark it's hard to be sure.

I appreciate your efforts! Thanks again.

• 5 months later...
Do they have a verandah?...I would've thought so, as its called a deluxe verandah suite :confused:
They're Superior Verandah Suites, not Deluxe. Currently designated SZ, they will become SU (priced above SS) in October. They have a verandah on the side that has a forward view:

attachment.php?attachmentid=90104&d=1220619077

They're Superior Verandah Suites, not Deluxe. Currently designated SZ, they will become SU (priced above SS) in October. They have a verandah on the side that has a forward view:

attachment.php?attachmentid=90104&d=1220619077

sorry, I didn't check before I typed :o

thanks for the pic :) ...do you know if the verandahs are larger than ordinary verandah suites ie; is there enough room for a lounger?

Online deckplans are your best friend in cases like this as they can be updated even if the brochures have an error... The symbols I put in red apply to the room you're wondering about.

Per HAL, this schematic was updated August 22, 2008.

Symbols

img_dp_legend_club.gifDouble (no sofa bed), single sink vanity, bathtub only

img_dp_legend_diamond1.gifStaterooms have solid steel verandah railings instead of clear-view Plexiglas railings

img_r_deck_08.gif

I have a friend that recently had one of these rooms (I forget which corner) and was curious so he sent me some photos when they got back.

He was actually pleasantly surprised by the size and the little "alcove" for the bed, and since the deckplan said "bathtub only" he assumed there wouldn't even be a shower head and there was which went over pretty well.

The only thing that didn't make too much sense to him was why the room WASN'T a triple because it certainly wasn't space constraints. He also remarked that it would be a really good room for someone in a wheelchair (provided they can get through a standard door and can do some minimal movements like over the side of a tub and the step up into the bathroom. (Note: This is NOT an actual wheelchair room)

Attached are some photos he shared so I'm passing them along

He said staff told him they were trying to get the rest of their art delivery for this room as some of it didn't arrive and that's why the walls were more bare. As of his cruise they were aware of and working on it.

244329898_BATHROOM10005.jpg.de8374b78bebe8db4f23dca8fa6784c9.jpg

9801066_100051.JPG.047ff7d8add45d50df148427d77b1d60.JPG

1713594973_100052.JPG.abfb83f3b82fa7bd854521ccec35481e.JPG

444027335_100053.JPG.48c65e26af3f5e15abd2c622e3d18972.JPG

1139586679_100054.JPG.61c2cc2653d537030478721f77e7c891.JPG

Thanks for the photos Brad...

...what a sad looking, poorly designed room.

For a prime location that could have been wrapped in windows, they just made a big empty cave.

I agree, looks very strangely furnished. Why on earth isn't there a bigger sofa and more comfortable chairs and why such a small bathroom in such a big space. Also it doesn't seem to have the same colour scheme / furniture as all the other cabins on the Eurodam. It just looks dull and old fashioned. Great size cabin though, so if the price was right compared to a regular verandah, I guess it would be a pretty good buy. Sue

We looked at these staterooms and since they do not sleep three they would not work for us. Now that I've seen the photos (BTW...thank you) I do not understand at all why these do not have the sofa bed to sleep an additional person. It certainly is not a matter of lack of space, as I know this looks much larger than what I'm expecting in our SS.

... so if the price was right compared to a regular verandah, I guess it would be a pretty good buy. Sue
Right now they are SZ - priced above all "regular verandah" - and in Oct 2009, when re-designated as SU, they will be priced between SS and SC.

I would not want to pay more for this room than for a regular verandah. It has the same bathroom as the regular V cabins, and the same doors to the verandah. What I like about the S (Superior) suites is the large bathroom which is identical to the Deluxes, and the extra WINDOW in the bed area (also similar to Deluxe suites). All these rooms seem to have is more floor space. I don't understand what makes them "S" cabins, especially since even the addiitonal floor space isn't that useful for anything and hasn't been used by HAL to place usable and attractive furnishings.

I'm glad you posted those pictures, thank you.

Moriah

Archived