Pac Sun - Slide removal...

dan08

Ok just did some reading around... and have to say im dissapointed to hear the removal of the slide... thought it would have been fun!

No offense to the older generation out there... but adding lounges and removing slides sounds like they are turning into an 'older' peoples ship...

Of course still looking forward to it... not long now!

Ok just did some reading around... and have to say im dissapointed to hear the removal of the slide... thought it would have been fun!

No offense to the older generation out there... but adding lounges and removing slides sounds like they are turning into an 'older' peoples ship...

Of course still looking forward to it... not long now!

I agree. I loved the slide. I never went down it myself, but Phil did heaps. :p It was a real focal point of the Lido deck and I spent many happy hours veging up on deck and watching kids and big kids going down the slide.

If people wanted a quiet swim, they could use the other pool at the back.

P&O - bring it back, and while you are at it, put one on the Pacific Dawn. :)

Dan

I am sure that it is just a matter of "safety" issues and also maybe cost. I think it was a very labour intensive exercise to monitor/control that slide and more than it was actually worth to P & O - it may also have been technically old and out of it's maintenance cycle - ie too expensive to refurbish. Ony P & O knows - but there WILL be a good reason (for them)

Barry

I understand all the above...

But when you book a cruise on a ship with a slide... you kind of expect it to still be there... admittingly i didnt book on the sun just for the slide... but do feel a bit ripped off as it would have been fun!

And they are still advertising pics with the slide on it with the digitally remastered white funnel which is talked about in another thread.

Also read "Pacific Sun had a major refit in 2004 at a cost of A$35 million" ... why not take it out then?

Anyways it isnt really an issue... just sucks that it seemed like a big secret or something.

I understand all the above...

But when you book a cruise on a ship with a slide... you kind of expect it to still be there... admittingly i didnt book on the sun just for the slide... but do feel a bit ripped off as it would have been fun!

And they are still advertising pics with the slide on it with the digitally remastered white funnel which is talked about in another thread.

Also read "Pacific Sun had a major refit in 2004 at a cost of A$35 million" ... why not take it out then?

Anyways it isnt really an issue... just sucks that it seemed like a big secret or something.

The slide was an eyesore and getting shabby and took up space and staff time as said before. There are plenty of other things to do besides going on the slide, It really isnt that great. Half the time u couldnt use it anyway i dont know why anyone would have a whinge cause a water slide was taken out:confused: The pool area will look much bigger without it and more useable.As for the kids I am sure there is plenty for them with the kids club.Theres always wet and wild if ur desperate for a slide:D

Hi Dan,

I don't think it was a secret, I think they just decided it was well past it's use by date when they decided to do the refurb like many things that need to change.

The reality of it was that while it sounds pretty fabulous it really was tired and took up so much room in an area that is well used for activities. Not a lot used the waterslide as it is really small compared to what there is around now and it was often closed off.

I am really looking forward to seeing the space now as everyone spends so much time in that area and it was always too small for the amount of people involved in the activities.

i dont know why anyone would have a whinge cause a water slide was taken out:confused:

Um... firstly im not having 'a whinge' ... the idea of the thread was to let people know about it as there was no mention of it happening during the refurbishment. I heard they were repainting and turning the library into something of a night and things like that, but that was about it.

From what people have said it is a good thing that its gone... which is most likely true... i cant argue with it as i havnt been on it before.

Secondly... 5 DAYS TO GO!!!! YAHOO!!

Thanks for everyones feed back :)

Isn't it good to see that those that work for P&O don't even know what's happening (are we surprised?????)

This is the response I got to my query via email about the waterslide!!!

Thankyou for emailing Carnival Australia.

The water slide is due to be retained on the Pacific Sun, there has been no discussions about the removal of it.

If you have any further enquiries please contact our reservations department on 13 24 69 or your local travel agent.

Kind Regards

Kylie

Information

P&O Cruises Australia

Locked Bag 1014, St.Leonards, NSW 2065

AU: Phone: 13 24 69, Fax: (02) 8424 9161

NZ: Phone: 0800 95 12 00, Fax: 0800 95 12 01

St Leonards NSW 1590

information@pocruises.com.au

http://www.pocruises.com.au

:D sorry but thats hilarious...really it confims what I have read many times in here....that the people working there aren't exactly the most knowledgeable about all these things - it's all of you who are :) :)

You should send her a photo of the pool deck now when someone gets one :)

I know ... I know ... I was about to email her and say that it was apparently missing (but thought I should wait to hear back from someone who's definitely seen it gone first!!!!!).... don't want to be the one to look STUPID!!!!:eek: :eek:

Now we know why we can't believe what they say about our cruising questions, our bookings, our cabins ........

Isn't it good to see that those that work for P&O don't even know what's happening (are we surprised?????)

This is the response I got to my query via email about the waterslide!!!

The water slide is due to be retained on the Pacific Sun, there has been no discussions about the removal of it.

If you have any further enquiries please contact our reservations department on 13 24 69 or your local travel agent.

Kind Regards

Kylie

Information

P&O Cruises Australia

St Leonards NSW 1590

www.pocruises.com.au

Good to see it is business as usual in the Carnival Australia call centre! :p

It gets better ......

As I advised below there has been no discussion of the waterside being removed as it is a very popular on board attraction, if your friends daughter can advise

us who has told her this I will be happy to contact them directly on board.

Kind Regards

Kylie

Information

P&O Cruises Australia

St Leonards NSW 1590

http://www.pocruises.com.au

It gets better ......

As I advised below there has been no discussion of the waterside being removed as it is a very popular on board attraction, if your friends daughter can advise

us who has told her this I will be happy to contact them directly on board.

Kind Regards

Kylie

Information

P&O Cruises Australia

St Leonards NSW 1590

www.pocruises.com.au

Archived