SpringHill Suites, Dania

Can someone who has stayed there recently give us an idea what to expect? Or, if you live in the area can you give us some insight? We are staying there the night before and the night after our cruise out of FLL.

It's on 151 Southwest 18th Court in Dania.

We'll have a rental, so we can drive to food, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Can someone who has stayed there recently give us an idea what to expect? Or, if you live in the area can you give us some insight? We are staying there the night before and the night after our cruise out of FLL.

It's on 151 Southwest 18th Court in Dania.

We'll have a rental, so we can drive to food, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Sue. We haven't stayed there but I've booked it pre-cruise as well. Once of the reasons was that it is fairly close to the port/airport, and that it is across the street from the Oakwood Plaza (http://fort.lauderdale.retailguide.com/data/m101620.htm). I thought it would be convenient to pick up last minute things and grab dinner for the kids as we arrive later in the day. The hotel also offers shuttle from the airport and to the port so I figured we could save on renting a car. It had lots of positive reviews on tripadvisor.com (not all, of course). Sorry can't be of more help.

We stayed there last jan. We were very happy with the hotel and the room. The rooms are quite large. There is a bed and than a part wall divider and a couch, desk, fridge, microwave on the other side. We did not use the pool, but a lot of people did, and it looked nice, tho not very large.

There is a burger king just across the parking lot. Across the street there is also a couple other fast food places. I think some taco place and maybe a McD. The Oakwood Plaza across the street is very large and spread out. A lot of different store there, and a lot of walking. The hotel gave us a map to the Plaza, but it wasn't really accurate. Things were a lot farther away than the map showed.

We had a nice breakfast in the morning. The only complaint was that it got very crowded as the morning went on. We went early, and had no trouble getting a place to sit. Later on I saw that people had to either stand or take the food to their rooms.

Sign up for the shuttle as soon as you get there. It seems like it was running late all the time. We were going to the airport, and we were about a half hour late from the requested time. That was OK since we allowed for that.

You shouldn't have to drive for food if you don't want to. There were a lot of restaurants in the Plaza. Also a Big Kmart that does sell wine and beer.

The rooms were clean and the staff nice. I would stay there again.

Sue,

We stay here on our last cruise back in November. Was a decent hotel for the night. Breakfast was decent, but it did get crowded as it got later in the morning. Pool had a little too much chlorine in it. Rooms were fine, had a fridge and coffee. Nothing too special. The shuttle was ok. It took a long time (about an hour of waiting) to get from the airport to the hotel as they had a lot of people coming in at the same time. Might depend on the timing on when you get in. They had a schedule for the shuttle to go to the respective cruise ships. We were on the Crown Princess and that shuttle was not going till 1pm. We wanted to be on-board by then so we got our own transportation. The hotel was very helpful in getting us the transportation and cost the 4 of us $40. We rode in a nice town car. It did not appear you could get the shuttle to the port at the time you want so keep that in mind. If you are a marriott rewards member they do a nice job with making sure you get your extras as well.

We stayed there a few weeks ago in December 2008. We would stay there again. The shuttle from the airport was efficient and quickly came to pick us up. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and suited our family of 5 well, with two queen beds and a full sofa bed and little kitchen/desk area. There were lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance. We ate dinner at a diner in the shopping plaza across the street - huge menu and good food and service. The hotel was full and the breakfast was a bit hectic but fine. There were lots of people headed for cruises and the hotel appeared to have chartered extra shuttles. We had an assigned time for the shuttle and although there were lots of people and shuttles we arrived at the pier in time for a late lunch on the ship. We thought this hotel was a nice place to stay and a good value.

Thanks for the repiles. My mind is now at ease-thanks!

We do have a rental, and are dropping it off the day of the cruise, so won't be using the shuttle. Sounds like we made a good decision there.

And we will be sure to eat early breakfast as well. This shouldn't be a problem because I am sure we will all be up early getting ready for this long awaited trip.:) Maybe we'll all just throw on sweats, go get breakfast and eat in the room. (You can bring it back, right?)

tmitchell--What kind of perks do we get for Marriot rewards? We have never gotten any before?

We are staying there on 1/31. We are booked as part of a group (22 couples). The gal (who is arranging are trip) has set it all up with transportation from the airport to the hotel and than from the hotel to the port on Sun. My sister is driving down from Orlando so we will have the use of their van during the day on Sat.

Really exicited about this. The next 17 days can not go quick enough.

Thanks for the repiles. My mind is

And we will be sure to eat early breakfast as well. This shouldn't be a problem because I am sure we will all be up early getting ready for this long awaited trip.:) Maybe we'll all just throw on sweats, go get breakfast and eat in the room. (You can bring it back, right?)

Yup...and dig out the tray in your room under the coffee maker...many SHSs don't have them in the breakfast area....

tmitchell--What kind of perks do we get for Marriot rewards? We have never gotten any before?

i presume you are a member? depends on your level...as a Plat Premier, I can get a snack from the market, or extra points..i always take points. some hotels give little goodie bags out too....kind of depends...i think you have to be at least Platinum to be able to get the snack from the market or the extra bonus points. i don't think any other levels get any extras though.

see above...hope it helps!

Does anyone know how many shuttles they have? We have 13 of us arriving at the same time at the airport. I suppose it will take a couple of trips if there is only one van. How long does it take to get to the hotel from the airport?

Geema, the hotel is less than 2 miles from the airport, so it can take about 10 minutes depending on the airport traffic.

Sue, since you'll have a car, check out Boomers and Dave&Busters, very close to the hotel, if your boys will be with you.

Geema, the hotel is less than 2 miles from the airport, so it can take about 10 minutes depending on the airport traffic.

Sue, since you'll have a car, check out Boomers and Dave&Busters, very close to the hotel, if your boys will be with you.

Thanks, yes, they will be with us. Are they close by? I'll search for websites on them, but can you give me a quick overview? Thanks!

Sue

I just stayed at the Springhill two weeks ago. We did not have a car so we used the shuttle to pick us up from the airport and we also used them to drop us off at the port. We had a good experience.

We walked across the street to Oakwood Plaza and went to the end of the parking lot (after Kmart) and found a diner - Moonlight Diner. The food was good and prices were reasonable. This was on the Friday night.

On Saturday, my 20 yr old daughter and I walked to a nail salon to get our nails done. Cross the street from the hotel and walk to the right. There is also Subway (EAT FRESH). We went to dinner on Saturday at the Cuba restaurant - Las Vegas. We enjoyed the food - I would go there again. The people were friendly and the food was good.

After we got our nails done we walked further down that street and also noted several deli's. We were walking to a CVS. We thought it was a fun walk - but since you have a car you will have no problems.

As mentioned - Burger King is the closest place to eat. There is also a gas station across the street from the hotel with a store.

Oakwood Plaza has Old Navy, Ross, Barnes and Noble, and other stores.

The hotel was clean and the people were friendly.

HOpe this info helps.

Sue

I just stayed at the Springhill two weeks ago. We did not have a car so we used the shuttle to pick us up from the airport and we also used them to drop us off at the port. We had a good experience.

We walked across the street to Oakwood Plaza and went to the end of the parking lot (after Kmart) and found a diner - Moonlight Diner. The food was good and prices were reasonable. This was on the Friday night.

On Saturday, my 20 yr old daughter and I walked to a nail salon to get our nails done. Cross the street from the hotel and walk to the right. There is also Subway (EAT FRESH). We went to dinner on Saturday at the Cuba restaurant - Las Vegas. We enjoyed the food - I would go there again. The people were friendly and the food was good.

After we got our nails done we walked further down that street and also noted several deli's. We were walking to a CVS. We thought it was a fun walk - but since you have a car you will have no problems.

As mentioned - Burger King is the closest place to eat. There is also a gas station across the street from the hotel with a store.

HOpe this info helps.

Yes it does! Thanks!:)

Sue

HOpe this info helps.

Thanks for this information. How many different shuttles times did they have to the port? Were the shuttles well organized?

When we were there in December we were picked up at the airport by a minibus with a trailer for luggage on the back- plenty of room for a large group. This was labeled with the hotel logo.

The next day they had a variety of vans and mini-buses with trailers and also full size tour style buses with luggage compartments underneath. One seemed to leave every 10-15 minutes. They tried to group the passengers by which cruise ship they were headed to, so that each vehicle made just 1-3 stops at the port. It was fairly well organized. There were some guests who were not as cooperative as they could have been, causing a few problems by not waiting until their ship was called and trying to talk their way onto buses that were not headed to their ship at that moment. We would stay there again and we would use the shuttle rather than cabs or a rental car.

When we were there in December we were picked up at the airport by a minibus with a trailer for luggage on the back- plenty of room for a large group. This was labeled with the hotel logo.

The next day they had a variety of vans and mini-buses with trailers and also full size tour style buses with luggage compartments underneath. One seemed to leave every 10-15 minutes. They tried to group the passengers by which cruise ship they were headed to, so that each vehicle made just 1-3 stops at the port. It was fairly well organized. There were some guests who were not as cooperative as they could have been, causing a few problems by not waiting until their ship was called and trying to talk their way onto buses that were not headed to their ship at that moment. We would stay there again and we would use the shuttle rather than cabs or a rental car.

Thanks so much!

Hi Sue..

We stayed there last year and it worked out pefect for us.

They had a free shuttle from FLL and another to Port Everglades the next day. There's a BK kind of in the same parking lot area. There's also a Walmart (or a K Mart I forget) in the shopping center across the street (there is a cross walk on the very busy street there) and the walk store was at the end of the shopping center, so it was a good stretch of the legs walking back with stuff we forgot.

The hotel folks were very nice and accomodating, they had a binder full of menus for take out for us. There was free breakfast in the morning for us, kind of do it yourself, but a nice start to the cruise.

The rooms were big & clean, we had five in ours without an issue..

good luck and have a great cruise...

Thought this was a great place for a pre-cruise stay. If you have a car, cross over to Oakwood Plaza and keep driving. There are several restaurants in the next shopping area. The distance is walkable but I don't remember if there were sidewalks. I don't think I'd want to walk on the road in the dark.

We stayed there in December and were very happy with it for a place to stay for a night. Staff is very helpful. It was nice to be able to walk to KMart. Sign up for the shuttle right away! We are staying there again in April:)

We stayed there last March during Spring Break before our cruise. The hotel was fine. We didn't get in until after midnight so we didn't spend much time there. Breakfast was fine but the line for the waffles was huge. :) The shuttle was very disorganized. There was no line just a mob waiting to get on. You felt like you had to fight your way to get a spot on the shuttle. It took forever for the shuttle (van) to show up. Next time I'll just pay for a cab.

Archived