DaySails "Girl Islander or High Pockets????"

Irishgal27

When are you going? I am booked for High Pockets on Feb 8th and can tell you after that date what our experience is. My phone conversations with kathleen, she seemed very nice and accomodating. I have read great reviews about High Pockets. Don't know anything about Isalnd Girl.

Highpockets for sure!!! we sailed a year ago & it was the experience of a lifetime. We have been on 15 cruises & this has been the best excursion we have ever taken. The day was amazing. Open bar, lunch, swim, snorkle, lay in the sun I felt like a celebrity. We already had our upcoming cruise booked & goes to The western caribbean, our next one will be decided by if it goes to St. Thomas because we will do this again. Below are just a few pictures. The black & white is Kathleen.

1105336864_CopyofIMG_0469.jpg.5f41dcfe99484b4ef0d1a622065e2b94.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg.104a48817763c18b8d72b4a359e67158.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg.8954cc5e8a5b05752cfcb3383a3fa648.jpg

These seem to be the two best day sail options I find. We are a group of late twenty-early thirty year olds looking for a fun, fun day sail......any advice on which would better suit us or a different one even... thanks soooooo much!!!!:D

My husband and I sailed with High Pockets February 2008. Kathleen is awesome, so his her sailboat and the lunch was fantastic and you will love the day-sail and the snorkeling!

• 3 weeks later...
I am actually going to book with Kathleen tommorrow.. We are headed out on Feb 25....would love to hear all the details, we are soooo excited as we have never sailed or snorkeled!!

We sailed with Kathleen in 2007 and LOVED it!! I would highly recommend!!

LOVED sailing Island Girl!!! I highly recommend them. They pick you up at the pier, so no cab (or extra cost) is needed. So convenient. Crew was fun and loved the snorkling with a sea turtle! It's on my list of things I must do again :D

Sailed with Kathleen on Highpockets in Dec 08. Great trip - cab round trip that Kathleen arranged for us worked great and we even got a semi-tour of the of the island - cost was $25 per person round trip - there was 6 of us and everyone had a great time. Photos at the link below:

http://www.pbase.com/iflyrc5/st_thomas&page=all

Sailed with Kathleen on Highpockets in Dec 08. Great trip - cab round trip that Kathleen arranged for us worked great and we even got a semi-tour of the of the island - cost was $25 per person round trip - there was 6 of us and everyone had a great time. Photos at the link below:

http://www.pbase.com/iflyrc5/st_thomas&page=all

Great Photos!!!!! I too have the 40D but after partaking in the open bar I didn't trust myself with it & used my little digital canon that sucks for most of mine. I can't wait to go back & not drink so much to get some better images. Yours are awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing.

• 7 months later...
Can someone give me an idea on rates for both High Pockets and Island Girl? Thanks.

I'm pretty sure Highpockets is about $125.00pp. I am so excited set to go on her again the first week of November. It includes open bar, lunch, snorkeling, sailing, private beaches & did I mention the rum cake????

Here is her web site: http://www.sailhighpockets.com/

it has been the best excursion ever & can't wait to go again soon!!!

All these similar sailboat day-sail operators take a maximum of 6 guests along with their crew of 2. This related to both the size of their sail boats and a different set of coast guard regulations that go into effect with more than 6 guests.

We've taken a couple (neither of the two mentioned above) and Rumbaba was just fantastic and I'd highly recommend them as my first choice.

I think a lot depends on your personal preferences and how you click with the staff. But they are somewhat similar and I wouldn't hesitate to book with any of these day-sail operators. It is a fantastic day!

I have about a dozen pictures starting here (click here) on my photo site

Archived