2-Way Radios for use on ship

No recommendations, but did want to note that we tried this once. It did not to work as well had planned, and now the radios sit in a box. This was a few years ago so maybe the newer radios work better. We also noted that a few people got upset with the noise that they made. If there is a option that will allow for a vibrating notification I think that would be better. Have fun on the cruise.:rolleyes:

We tried to use them a few times and did not have much success. Make certain times for your kids to meet you or them. That is if they are old enough to check themselves out of kids club etc. I would not depend on these things, and they are quite annoying to other passengers. If your kids are small they give you a beeper to carry around while they are in club. LPT:rolleyes:

So from reading those other threads - people don't care for them - so my question with having kids on board 19yo, 8yo, 15yo how to keep track of them??

I know my 8yo will either be in Camp Carnival or with us but I'm pretty sure the other 2 aren't going to want to hang with us the whole time.

I was thinking of taking walkie talkies but if they don't really work anyway what is another good idea?

So from reading those other threads - people don't care for them - so my question with having kids on board 19yo, 8yo, 15yo how to keep track of them??

I know my 8yo will either be in Camp Carnival or with us but I'm pretty sure the other 2 aren't going to want to hang with us the whole time.

I was thinking of taking walkie talkies but if they don't really work anyway what is another good idea?

WE were in hawaii last year with my 18, 16 and 14 year old. I did a sign-up sheet in the living room by the phone. It had 5 columns, Date, Time, name, where, expected time back. All, including us parents were expected to sign in and out. It worked fabulously. If they changed locations they had to re-sign out, We always knew where everybody was. Of course it works on trust, but at least you are on a ship with defined boundries.

The kids always knew where we were as well. I told the kids they would have a lot more freedom following this procedure or alternatively I could give them boundries and a curfrew. They chose the sign-up sheet.

It also helped me keep track of my husband as well. Side benefit, as we were there with 20 of his soccer teammates for a tournament and there was a lot of activites happening.

Archived