Hotwire

BEAV

Both Hotwire and Priceline have not been an option in the past for disembarkation day flights back home. This is because their stipulation is your flight can depart anytime between 6:00am and 10:00pm. Obviously, you won't be off the ship in time to catch a flight departing at 6:00am.

But Hotwire is now offering "FlexSaver" fares where you select a window of time for departures.

Departure times are broken down into the following time windows:

Morning: 6am-11am

Afternoon: 11am-4pm

Evening: 4pm-10:00pm

Late Evening: 10:00pm-11:59pm

About two weeks ago I bought conventional airline tickets for just over $400 per person from SFO-MIA in conjunction with an upcoming cruise. I could have paid just $285, but flights at that price all departed Miami early in the morning, long before we'd be off the ship.

If I were buying the tickets today, I could have taken advantage of Hotwire's FlexSaver fares. They are selling the afternoon and evening time windows on my dates of travel for just $264.

This a great feature and now opens up the possiblity of using Hotwire for air fare in conjunction with cruises when you need to return home the day of disembarkation.

Archived