Bosom Button!

Iluvmypuggle

Ladies, this looks like one of the coolest little "solution" pieces.

www.bosombutton.com

Has anyone purchased or used any before? I'd like to know what you think of them before I go ordering a whole bunch. :D

I have a sweater that I wanted something like this for and now that i found them online and they're totally cute, I can't wait to order. I'm even thinking of getting some as stocking stuffers.

You know what it reminds me of ... a stud earring! Couldn't you just buy a bunch of different stud earrings and use that instead? Put one of those little rubber pieces on the back of the post and then it wouldn't stick into your skin?

(Sorry ... I guess I'm just too much like my mother & always finding a way to multi-use stuff ;) )

You know what it reminds me of ... a stud earring! Couldn't you just buy a bunch of different stud earrings and use that instead? Put one of those little rubber pieces on the back of the post and then it wouldn't stick into your skin?

(Sorry ... I guess I'm just too much like my mother & always finding a way to multi-use stuff ;) )

Yes, I could do that if I had the right kind of backing.. Or I could just get a cheap pin from any store.. But I think I'm going to order one for my mom as a stocking stuffer because it's no fun w/o the packaging as a gift. haha :p

LOL, I must be your mother...I had the same thought!

I have some of these. They're great! Really solve the problem of some tops & sweaters that can flop open in unseemly places.

The lightweight tack pin is easier to work with than trying to get a brooch anchored on correctly.

I have the crystal, black and pearl versions. I use the black and pearl ones but the crystal seems a little garish for the business-casual look I use for work. I will probably order a couple more colors in the future.

This is a terrific idea, if it really works. So many tops I try on are just too low cut for me--I normally do not want to show cleavage, but I do love a v-neck.

I've tried pins, sewing the v shut further up, etc., but nothing looks quite right.

I probably wouldn't like the sparkly one either, unless on a dressy top, but the black and pearl sounds good, as long as they look as if they are actually meant to be on the top/dress.

Yes, I could do that if I had the right kind of backing.. Or I could just get a cheap pin from any store.. But I think I'm going to order one for my mom as a stocking stuffer because it's no fun w/o the packaging as a gift. haha :p

You know ... maybe I'll buy one for MY mother! I'm always stuck for gifts for her. And she constantly complains, "shirts are cut too low these days". :rolleyes:

Of course she'll say to me, "you could just use a stud earring" ... but you are right about the packaging for the gift. :) Last year I gave her one of those "hang your purse off the restaurant table" hook things that I learned about here on CC and she loved it.

Was reading some of the posts with my dd sitting here with me and she wants to know if they make a bosomless button! lol. She is always complaining because a lot of vneck sweaters or blouses are made in a way that assume that you have something on top. I don't know what happened but she did not take after me because the poor girl is flat as a pancake!:eek: So let us know if this works for the opposite also. Have a good one,

Sue

I have some of these. They're great! Really solve the problem of some tops & sweaters that can flop open in unseemly places.

The lightweight tack pin is easier to work with than trying to get a brooch anchored on correctly.

I have the crystal, black and pearl versions. I use the black and pearl ones but the crystal seems a little garish for the business-casual look I use for work. I will probably order a couple more colors in the future.

Thanks for letting us know that you're happy with how they work. I was wondering if they ever popped off, but if you're thinking of ordering more, then they're probably working well for you.

What a cool find! I have a top that totally needs one of these. It always pops open at the wrong place and I have resorted to wearing a cami underneath.

However -- now that I know I'm a winter -- I think I might just get rid of the top altogether as it's totally an autumn. Too bad as I would have liked to get one (and not have it sitting around in a drawer)!

You know ... maybe I'll buy one for MY mother! I'm always stuck for gifts for her. And she constantly complains, "shirts are cut too low these days". :rolleyes:

Of course she'll say to me, "you could just use a stud earring" ... but you are right about the packaging for the gift. :) Last year I gave her one of those "hang your purse off the restaurant table" hook things that I learned about here on CC and she loved it.

LOL. I love that your mom got a kick out of the purse hook. There's always those novelty items that make great gifts. And I have holiday shopping on my mind, so any little thing I see is put on a list so I remember it for later.

Are they strong enough to deal with gapiosis?

I'm not sure what you mean by "gapiosis". Are you referring to shirts/blouses with buttons?

If you mean there just being an opening between buttons because of the button placement (Usually when that happens they're just too far apart). This would probably do just fine (A little velcro between the buttons works for this too).

If by "Gapiosis" you mean that there is an opening in the fabric just above or below the button because the fabric is pulling across the chest. Neither of these solutions will work, because that kind of "gaposis" means the shirt/blouse is too small and no reinforcement will solve that problem.

I know this can be a problem for some body types. I have very small shoulders, but a larger bust, so a size with fits my bust (Doesn't pull across the chest) is usually too big in the shoulders. I have learned to avoid some styles/cuts - they just not fit my body type.

Ladies, this looks like one of the coolest little "solution" pieces.

www.bosombutton.com

Has anyone purchased or used any before? I'd like to know what you think of them before I go ordering a whole bunch. :D

I have a sweater that I wanted something like this for and now that i found them online and they're totally cute, I can't wait to order. I'm even thinking of getting some as stocking stuffers.

This could provide a good solution for certain problems(I like the idea on the website of putting one on the scarf to keep it in place). If it's just a matter if keeping the fabric in place at the bodice, so it doesn't reveal more than you intended, I think this would work for that. But if the garment is just cut low, pulling the fabric together above it's natural "lay" would probably distort the look of the garment.

Regarding the earlier post about using a stud earring for this purpose, the earring post is usually blunt, not sharp and would not pierce the fabric, unless it was a loosely knitted fabrick (and some fabrics can be ruined by beign pierced even by a sharp object).

If you decide these are right for you, you don't have to spend anywhere near $25 each. You can buy the pins with backs and stones at a craft store (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc) and use a glue gun to make your own customized ones. This does not require any special craft skills.

If by "Gapiosis" you mean that there is an opening in the fabric just above or below the button because the fabric is pulling across the chest. Neither of these solutions will work, because that kind of "gaposis" means the shirt/blouse is too small and no reinforcement will solve that problem.

I know this can be a problem for some body types. I have very small shoulders, but a larger bust, so a size with fits my bust (Doesn't pull across the chest) is usually too big in the shoulders. I have learned to avoid some styles/cuts - they just not fit my body type.

Two words ... fabric tape! Works when the buttons are too far apart, are placed poorly, or if you've got gaposis because of a larger bust. The shirt still needs to fit properly, but that tape solves a world of problems!

Oh - it's great for hems that fall down too. It's a staple in my travel bag. :)

Two words ... fabric tape! Works when the buttons are too far apart, are placed poorly, or if you've got gaposis because of a larger bust. The shirt still needs to fit properly, but that tape solves a world of problems!

Oh - it's great for hems that fall down too. It's a staple in my travel bag. :)

Is there a certain type/brand you use. I bought some recently and

have had mixed results. The tape seems to work well on certin fabric and not so well on others. Also it was extremely hard to remove the paper backing on the tape.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived