Evening Wear

jeffmonty

My wife and I are crusing the Southern Caribbean in November and she would like to know if she wears a sleeveless gown on formal night does it get cool enough at night to wear a wrap or light jacket.

I take - and use - a wrap all year round. It can be windy and cool late at night on deck and the air conditioning can be chilly in the dining rooms and lounges.

You know I haven't been on Silversea before, so I guess it depends on their level of A/C in the dining room! On other ships, I have always worn gowns that are off the shoulder, I guess they'd be sleeveless, and I've never been cold in the dining room, but brrrrr...once I moved into the show lounge, it was chilly in there. So a wrap is a great idea.

Which November sailing are you and your wife on? I'm on Barbados to FLL 11/13.

Best wishes!

Jane

jeffmonty, my recommendation would be for her to bring the wrap. If it turns out she is cool she'll have it and if she doesn't feel cool she won't need it. Each persons view of cold can be different so to me flexibility is the key. In general, we found the public rooms on the ship to be comfortable in the evening but again, she should be prepared with a wrap.

Keith

Oh, yes of course, I recognize you from the other thread, about our cruise. I'm the scuba diver. This log on wasn't working for awhile, so I have another one (ScubaLady51).

No, I had some airfare in place with AA that I had to use, so I just changed my flights to Barbados, etc. I didn't need SS's offer. Are you coming in early at all? I'll be staying at the Hilton for a few nights in Bridgetown.

Really nice to meet you.

Jane

No, due to some scheduling conflicts the earliest I could come in would be the day before. And to either change air with SS or book on my own, hotel, etc. would wind up costing me close to $1,000. Didn't figure a good night's sleep to be worth it. So, we're on a red-eye out of LAX. Return arrangements are pretty good however. A decent schedule through DFW ... if SS doesn't change them again.

I find taking a Pashmina along is great..as it folds flat..and can be folded flat to hang from the back of the chair as well, when not needed. I agree, that the dining room is usually fine...it is the lounges and shows where you find the chill.

I use pashmina wraps at all times, even in Texas! My husband has never cruised and I have never been on a Silver Sea ship; however, we are about to pull the trigger on this 11/13 sail. Wonder if the length will get the best of us, as he is a biker and I like tennis and golf. Also looking at Hawaii.

Hello, rjp1020 - I was talking to our TA today and according to her, the 11/13 departure is nearly full - less than 10 cabins to sell. So if you want to join us - fire away today! Looking forward to seeing you on the 13th!

Archived