Dailies & Menu for NCL Sea?

lainey00

We are from Ontario, Canada and will be on the Sea March 12-19. Is this spring break time for the kids in the US? It is for our kids.

Looking forward to this trip. So far we have 4 families booked. Hope to meet more people and have a blast!

Any info about the Sea would be appreciated.

We are from Ontario, Canada and will be on the Sea March 12-19. Is this spring break time for the kids in the US? It is for our kids.

Looking forward to this trip. So far we have 4 families booked. Hope to meet more people and have a blast!

Any info about the Sea would be appreciated.

Hi, I'm a student in Vancouver, Canada and I've been on a few cruises in the past, once during spring break of last year. In Canada Mid-March is Spring break time for students there, and Early April is the Public School Spring Break (Generally) for American Students. However, many American Private schools opt to have their spring break in mid March. The number of youth (13-18) on Cruises in mid march are generally low, and consist mainly of Canadian and International students (Public and Private), and American private school students.

Hi, I'm a student in Vancouver, Canada and I've been on a few cruises in the past, once during spring break of last year. In Canada Mid-March is Spring break time for students there, and Early April is the Public School Spring Break (Generally) for American Students. However, many American Private schools opt to have their spring break in mid March. The number of youth (13-18) on Cruises in mid march are generally low, and consist mainly of Canadian and International students (Public and Private), and American private school students.

Many times public schools in the US plan their spring breaks around Easter - the week before or after.

Rho,

I was on the Crown a few months ago, and always ate in the Seven Seas - enjoyed a lot of chilled soups, had lobster, steak, a wonderful salmon (the sauces were also excellent). They also had choices from "Cooking Light" at each meal

Activities seemed to be bingo, slot and blackjack tournaments, trivia contests, soc hops, kareoke...

Should I assume that the Sea has similar items/activities?

Rho,

I was on the Crown a few months ago, and always ate in the Seven Seas - enjoyed a lot of chilled soups, had lobster, steak, a wonderful salmon (the sauces were also excellent). They also had choices from "Cooking Light" at each meal

Activities seemed to be bingo, slot and blackjack tournaments, trivia contests, soc hops, kareoke...

Should I assume that the Sea has similar items/activities?

Evreything is about the same I would guess. Except that the Sea is a small ship so you might have a bit less choices.

Actually... I think the Sea might be a tad bigger than the Crown...regardless, if they have the same quality of food they had on the Crown I'll love it.

Just one other quick question that I just thought of. On the NCL website they show a Seven Seas and a Four Seasons Restaurant. I don't see any mention of the Four Seasons on any other travel site, and haven't seen any posts about it. Do they still have it?

Both the Seven Seas and the 4 seasons are on the same deck (deck 4). They are the 2 main restaurants. Then you have the very small Pasta cafe (with reservation only), Le Bistro (you have to pay and reserve) and the Big Apple Cafe which is the buffet located on the pool deck.

One little unknow corner of the Sea is the little area at the back of the ship. You can either access it thru deck 6 from the outside or by the stairs going down inside the Big Apple. There's a few long chairs there and nobody goes there. Very peacefull! give it a try when the pool/sun deck are full!

rh088,

Thanks for the dailies you emailed us. We appreciated it. I also looked at your pictures that you posted a link to on another post. Thanks for sharing. Boy, the rooms are small. Do you know the square footage of your room? If not, what category was it?

I have another question. Is there both a main show lounge where the dancers, magicians, etc. perform and another lounge where there is a live band nightly? Or is there just one lounge? If there were any live bands in a lounge nightly, what kind of music did they play? And were they any good.

I don't know how much will be the same. But our cruise in July is the final U.S. cruise for the Sea and is 15 days long. They just added this cruise itinerary. It's a Panama Canal intinerary with 6 ports of call. So I'm sure they are going to have to do some planning to fill that many days with entertainers and shore excursions since this ship is usually a 7 night itinerary. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Thanks for you help.

Leisa

rh088,

I have another question. Is there both a main show lounge where the dancers, magicians, etc. perform and another lounge where there is a live band nightly? Or is there just one lounge? If there were any live bands in a lounge nightly, what kind of music did they play? And were they any good.

I don't know how much will be the same. But our cruise in July is the final U.S. cruise for the Sea and is 15 days long. They just added this cruise itinerary. It's a Panama Canal intinerary with 6 ports of call. So I'm sure they are going to have to do some planning to fill that many days with entertainers and shore excursions since this ship is usually a 7 night itinerary. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Leisa

It is to my understanding that because the crew never gets a day off, they have contracts - I spoke with one last year who had a four month contract, was off for two months, and then would go to a new ship. I am thinking that the entertainers that people had in December won't be the same for July.

rh088,

Thanks for the dailies you emailed us. We appreciated it. I also looked at your pictures that you posted a link to on another post. Thanks for sharing. Boy, the rooms are small. Do you know the square footage of your room? If not, what category was it?

Thanks for you help.

Leisa

No problem! Let me know if you need more dailys.

The Sea has 2 main loundges, the Cabaret and the Stardust. Both are on the 5th deck. I think most shows are at the Cabaret, the Stardust usually has a live band or bingo...etc. The band is ok and plays different types of music everyday (mostly 60-70s I think). There's also a band on the pool deck at night. I didn't spend much time at the Stardust, I was mostly at the cabaret or the pool. You can also go to Oscars and listen to the piano.

Don't worry about activities, there's plenty to do. The crew is also very friendly and you can have very good conversations with them!

[quote name= Is this spring break time for the kids in the US? It is for our kids.

Looking forward to this trip. QUOTE]

I have two sons in college and they will both be on Spring Break during the week of your cruise.

Archived