Sky 3 Day - Very nice+ with one exception.

michigan tim

DW and my first time on a shorty. We’ve done 8 cruises, all but one were 7 day and the last 3 have been NCL. This cruise exceeded expectations. The staff was top notch; they almost without exception appeared to be having a good time interacting with guests and with each other.

The ship is in great shape and clean throughout. I’m guessing that a thorough cleaning twice a week helps. Of the 3 big lines doing 3 & 4 day Bahamas itineraries this appears to be the nicest and the most modern ship. The other ships were older and had very few balconies.

Food was mostly very good. Lobster which is typically overcooked and tough or mushy was excellent. I got spoiled by the Pearl’s buffet last spring, but knew going in that this ship did not have the physical capacity to provide the variety offered on the Pearl. It was still, however at least adequate and there were 3 omelet stations each morning… including the morning we disembarked. The pizza offered in Il Dagio (sp?) during lunch was exceptional (thin crispy crust, several varieties available or made to order).

Embarkation and disembarkation was the easiest I’ve experienced…. Literally walked on and off with no lines!

For the ports, Nassau is just not for me, I’d prefer a sea day… but what else is there? Great Circle Cay is OK, but is a bit long in the tooth.

Cruise director Matt Baker is excellent and a super hot blues harp player! This brings me to my biggest annoyance of the cruise… the show band. During the welcome show they played a bit and it was fine, however, during the big production show with the singers and dancers on Sun. night, they lost the cute gal playing sax and added an “air” guitar player. The band apparently was playing (or not?) along with a track, the guitar player moved his hands around on the guitar faking his parts (I’ve been playing for 35+ years)… and I’m not sure he was the only one. I’m certain the drummer was playing live, as you can’t fake hitting a cymbal. Both he and the bass player who appeared to be the leader wore headphones. I’m not certain if the bass player and keyboard player were playing live or not. In these economic times I can understand backing tracks to fill in the gaps, but I can’t understand faking your instrument. It cheapens the impression of the show.

I guess if that is all I have to critcize it must have been a very good tour! :D

I had so much fun onboard Sky. I absolutely loved Matt Baker. The other shows were really good but my niece and I were not interested in seeing the Sunday night show so we grabbed a pack of cards and headed up to the Dazzles lounge to wait the hour before the Quest game started and that was well worth it because our team won and my niece was laughing so hard she said "that was the funniest night of my life." Matt made the Quest show so much fun!

DW and my first time on a shorty. We’ve done 8 cruises, all but one were 7 day and the last 3 have been NCL. This cruise exceeded expectations. The staff was top notch; they almost without exception appeared to be having a good time interacting with guests and with each other.

The ship is in great shape and clean throughout. I’m guessing that a thorough cleaning twice a week helps. Of the 3 big lines doing 3 & 4 day Bahamas itineraries this appears to be the nicest and the most modern ship. The other ships were older and had very few balconies.

Food was mostly very good. Lobster which is typically overcooked and tough or mushy was excellent. I got spoiled by the Pearl’s buffet last spring, but knew going in that this ship did not have the physical capacity to provide the variety offered on the Pearl. It was still, however at least adequate and there were 3 omelet stations each morning… including the morning we disembarked. The pizza offered in Il Dagio (sp?) during lunch was exceptional (thin crispy crust, several varieties available or made to order).

Embarkation and disembarkation was the easiest I’ve experienced…. Literally walked on and off with no lines!

For the ports, Nassau is just not for me, I’d prefer a sea day… but what else is there? Great Circle Cay is OK, but is a bit long in the tooth.

Cruise director Matt Baker is excellent and a super hot blues harp player! This brings me to my biggest annoyance of the cruise… the show band. During the welcome show they played a bit and it was fine, however, during the big production show with the singers and dancers on Sun. night, they lost the cute gal playing sax and added an “air” guitar player. The band apparently was playing (or not?) along with a track, the guitar player moved his hands around on the guitar faking his parts (I’ve been playing for 35+ years)… and I’m not sure he was the only one. I’m certain the drummer was playing live, as you can’t fake hitting a cymbal. Both he and the bass player who appeared to be the leader wore headphones. I’m not certain if the bass player and keyboard player were playing live or not. In these economic times I can understand backing tracks to fill in the gaps, but I can’t understand faking your instrument. It cheapens the impression of the show.

I guess if that is all I have to critcize it must have been a very good tour! :D

ahhhh...that would be angela. she sang a song during the Welcome Aboard show, right?

"to get to the gangway you need to go all the way forward and down to deck number threeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Archived