Private Dinner Party

rodger24x7

Our family reunion will have 14-16 people on the CB. My booking is for the Grand Suite (A750). On the inside the dining area can seat 6. The balcony has two table of 4. Which means we can have a sit-down dinner for 14 family members in the suite.

One of the perks for a full suite is to have room service deliver items from the full dinner menu.

I would like to have several private dinner parties in the suite for the entire family. Real anytime dining, our own dress code, and a quiet room to talk about the family.

I would like to have a waiter come to the suite and take our order, and then have it delivered in a series of meal courses, just like in the dining room. Room service is typically delivered all-at-once----but for 14 people?

With whom would I set this up with --- the Maitre d'hotel...the food and beverage manager....the room service manager ?

Has anyone attended such a dinner party ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would also have to guess that since the perk is for the individuals in the full suite, unless your entire family is staying in full suites, only you and your cabin mate would be entitled to the full menu perk. I don't think it is like Verizon...it doesn't extend to friends and family.

It's a great idea, but I would bet they are going to suggest to you the Ultimate Balcony dining, which comes with waiter services and runs $50 per person. Although GS suites have great perks, I also think this is pushing those perks a bit over the limit. Good luck, maybe you can arrange it, maybe not, but I also would have my doubts if this can be arranged from the regular menu without paying the $50 fee pp and also being served course by course.

I think it would be fun and I dont see anywhere in the OP statement that she expected to get it for free. I took her statement about ordering off the dinner menu just showing that they will provided dinner entres to the room. I dont see why the ship could not do this but it would be a a price I am sure. And if she is staying in the Grand Suite, she probably can afford it-----Do you need to adopt any cousins?

John

We did the UBD for 11. They set up a private area for us in an unused area by the Horizon Court. The decorated the area and brought in flowers and did just a beautiful job for us. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again for a large group. we paid the usual $50pp and it was more than worth it. :p

We did the UBD for 11. They set up a private area for us in an unused area by the Horizon Court. The decorated the area and brought in flowers and did just a beautiful job for us. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again for a large group. we paid the usual $50pp and it was more than worth it. :p

What a fantastic idea!!

when u get on the ship, speak to the maitre'd, we did this on the golden and went fantastic, - 10 of us,,,we had a waiter/bus boy - we bought the wine from the ship and spent about 500-600 total with tips...well worth every penny imo.....a great experience......

would not hesitate to do it again,,,,they are not going to do if for free - even in the grand suite - but once u are buying alcohol and tipping staff generously, all does seem to change....

i like the way u travel:o

I think the one line many responding are missing here is this "I would like to have several private dinner parties in the suite for the entire family."

It doesn't sound like the OP is looking for one meal together, but several dinner get togethers in their suite. :eek:

I think the one line many responding are missing here is this "I would like to have several private dinner parties in the suite for the entire family."

It doesn't sound like the OP is looking for one meal together, but several dinner get togethers in their suite. :eek:

Toto I did not miss it, that is why I want to be adopted.

John

We have stayed in a few of the Grand Suites and want you to know that on the Sapphire, Star, Golden, Grand there is only one table for 4 people on the balcony, not 2. This could definitely make a difference for you. Yes, there is a table in the cabin that seats 6, so that is right.

On the first day you board the Maitre d' will call your cabin to talk to you to see if there is anything they can help you with. I would talk to him then and tell him what you are thinking for your family. But I will tell you that I truly doubt they will accommodate what you are asking for this many people. Maybe the Ultimate Balcony dinner which was mentioned above, but not what you are thinking.

We don't ask for much when we are in the Grand Suite, but do love the cabins. I'm sure you will enjoy your time in there and believe me you will feel spoiled with all the room. We had a wonderful sail-a-way party in the suite on the Golden for several people, but we bought all the appetizers for the party.

Have a great time.

I am the OP for this thread.

Thank you for all of your thoughts, experiences, and ideas.

Would any of your opinions change if the number of people was reduced to 10 or even 6 ? What if we just made it a standard room service serving without the waiters or servers ?

As Lynda stated, I think your best option is the UBD. We have hosted one for 8 before on our balcony in a PH suite so 14 should be no problem in the GS with the inside dining area as well.

Presently the UBD is the only dining option for waiter service while occupying a suite on Princess.

Mike:)

I am the OP for this thread.

Thank you for all of your thoughts, experiences, and ideas.

Would any of your opinions change if the number of people was reduced to 10 or even 6 ? What if we just made it a standard room service serving without the waiters or servers ?

I would guess you would be able to order standard room service (not served, but all delivered at once) for 6 in your suite with no problems. You might even be able to push that a little further. But again, any more than that would probably be on the iffy side.

There will be a dining room menu left in your suite for that day each morning, it will reflect the lunch and dinner menus served in the dining room. You just pick up the phone and order and then give it 20-30 minutes for delivery. Just make sure to order 'everything' you might need. They only deliver exactly what you order. Rolls? Make sure to order butter. Extra silverware, make sure to order that also, etc etc.

Good Luck, I hope you find a way to have dinner in your suite for some of your group, but honestly, it is much easier to get the larger group together at one of the alternate dining venues onboard. Of coarse this will cost you, but you would all be able to have a great meal in a much quieter area in one of the alternate restaurants.

I realize that you would like to have your meal served, but there is always the option of having several members of your party go to the buffet and bring back some large plates of food. Those plates in the buffet areas are more like platters and we just turn over a clean plate on top of the other for a cover when transporting it. Your room is close to the aft elevators and it is very quick to pop up to the buffet and back down again.

You could order a nice, big, selection from the dining room service menu and then supplement that with plates of extra appetizers, desserts and goodies from the buffet area.

We frequently go to the buffet and bring back plates of food to eat on our balcony and we share it between all 5 in our family. (the teens get an inside room ;))

Just an idea and one that would not cost you any extra.

Archived