Upgrades

winefoodandsong

So, this may be an indelicate question but.... Can anyone who's gotten an upgrade at check-in let me know what you did to get it? Did it just happen or did you ask? We are booked in a Cat A suite on the 11/27 Caribbean cruise and, having sailed exclusively on Regent and Silversea for the past eight years, we are very interested in the Seabourn experience and we'd love to have the best of all worlds - cheap (relatively) fares and the best suite available.

Thanks!

So, this may be an indelicate question but.... Can anyone who's gotten an upgrade at check-in let me know what you did to get it? Did it just happen or did you ask? We are booked in a Cat A suite on the 11/27 Caribbean cruise and, having sailed exclusively on Regent and Silversea for the past eight years, we are very interested in the Seabourn experience and we'd love to have the best of all worlds - cheap (relatively) fares and the best suite available.

Thanks!

We have previously had upgrades, having been informed by our Travel Agent 12 or 14 days before sailing. However, perhaps someone can answer this for me - we have always booked a specific suite, as my spouse is unwilling to risk the very few suites which are more noisy for whatever reason. Once we had one of these, which we had booked, and were moved after a chat with the Hotel Manager. However, if you go under a guarantee basis, presumably you have to accept what you are given, as you have paid a little less. Do people mostly get put into A or A1 grades, or are they often lucky to get something better? And does this perhaps depend on how many Seabourn cruises you have done? It seems a bit impolite to ask others when on board.

We have previously had upgrades, having been informed by our Travel Agent 12 or 14 days before sailing. However, perhaps someone can answer this for me - we have always booked a specific suite, as my spouse is unwilling to risk the very few suites which are more noisy for whatever reason. Once we had one of these, which we had booked, and were moved after a chat with the Hotel Manager. However, if you go under a guarantee basis, presumably you have to accept what you are given, as you have paid a little less. Do people mostly get put into A or A1 grades, or are they often lucky to get something better? And does this perhaps depend on how many Seabourn cruises you have done? It seems a bit impolite to ask others when on board.

On our first Seabourne cruise, we were upgraded from a Category A to a B2. We have been upgraded at least two levels on all subsequent cruises, but we do book GTY.

On our upcoming cruise we have been put into A3 suites on Deck 6. My Mom and I always book Gty and are usually put in the A or A1 suites on Deck 4 -- our favorite Deck since after dinner we scoot up the back stairs to our suites and, most important, the laundry is located on this Deck :). Once the cruise has been paid for you should be able to find your specific suite on the Seabourn website. A couple of cruises back, my Mom got upgraded to Deck 6 while I stayed back on Deck 4. There was only one cruise where we did not find out our specific suites until we checked in which, I understand, is not the usual.

Lisa :)

Archived