Exercise without the spa

Pettifogger

I'm going on a long cruise and would like to do a minimal amount of resistance exercise just to avoid falling too far behind. I seem to remember having access to the exercise equipment on one of the HAL ships without engaging with the spa staff. Can I on the Amsterdam? Thanks.

Find out how much a day pass to the Fitness Center would be. Or you can do your resistance training in your stateroom, you can bring some resistance bands, if you use those. There's some great resistance exercises that require no equipment at all.

Sorry, my mistake as a newbie cruiser, momatibm.

Now I DO recall my DH using the treadmills in the fitness center without being charged.

No problem it's just that when we were on the Noordam -- my husband who races bicycles -- was in the fitness center every morning at o'dark hundred to maintain fitness and I knew we hadn't paid anything then. Just wondered if anything changed, since we are heading to the Maasdam in Dec.

I'm going on a long cruise and would like to do a minimal amount of resistance exercise just to avoid falling too far behind. I seem to remember having access to the exercise equipment on one of the HAL ships without engaging with the spa staff. Can I on the Amsterdam? Thanks.
Unless things have changed very recently (we were on-board the Amsterdam for 38 nites in April/09) you can access the Fitness Centre & have full use of all cardio & resistance equipment without charge. There are also fee-based programs such as yoga, pilates & personal training sessions available. No excuses! ;);)

In preparation for my first cruise I joined our Biggest Loser weight contest at work which lasted from June 1 - August 31. I was looking to lose weight so I could enjoy the food on our cruise. My goal was to lose 30 pounds for the cruise. I ended up winning and being the Biggest Loser by losing 33 pounds, which was 13.7% of my body weight. I did this by watching my diet and walking 3.5 to 4 miles per day.

Now that I have accomplished my goal I want to continue to lose weight, so will be taking every opportunity I have to walk on the Promenade deck and working out in the gym. I will be very happy if I am able to eat well and not gain any weight while on the cruise. If by some small miracle I am able to lose weight while on the cruise I will be completely overwhelmed. I am so looking forward to being able to enjoy some of the desserts I have been reading about on this board. Several times a week my I have been drooling while reading some of the menu choices which have been posted.

22 Days and counting. Also some 380 something days of planning and daily reading of cruise critic. As we get closer to our first cruise, I would like to say thank you to all the members who have posted on this site and helped me to be able to plan our first cruise. I am sure due to all the great information and advice I have gained from being on this board, we will have a very enjoyable cruise.

Thank you everyone................

I ended up winning and being the Biggest Loser by losing 33 pounds, which was 13.7% of my body weight. I did this by watching my diet and walking 3.5 to 4 miles per day.

Now that I have accomplished my goal I want to continue to lose weight,..quote]

Congratulations dchang. Well done ! I think if you keep two words in mind, you will be able to have a guilt free cruise and enjoy all the tasty treats as well. Those two words?

Portion size.......Have a great time.:)

Archived