Just got our room assignment on the Crown

Lynzchat

It's our first Princess cruise and I really enjoy getting feedback from CC folks. We originally booked a guarantee AE (very few of those, with the hope of an upgrade) and within the first month got an upgrade to a room center ship AA category. In a week prices dropped $200 per couple and I called the TA to see if we qualified and they said yes but we would drop to guarantee again. Since we don't care where we sleep except we like balconies, I gave up the AA in hopes of another upgrade.

Just got our assignment to an AC, near the end of the ship...is that ok? Besides the long walk down the hallway, any other experiences?

Has anyone experienced staying on the Dolphin deck near room 115, I guess since we booked AE, Princess gave us a room near there.:confused:

Thanks for your thoughts! We're so excited about trying out Princess!

It's our first Princess cruise and I really enjoy getting feedback from CC folks. We originally booked a guarantee AE (very few of those, with the hope of an upgrade) and within the first month got an upgrade to a room center ship AA category. In a week prices dropped $200 per couple and I called the TA to see if we qualified and they said yes but we would drop to guarantee again. Since we don't care where we sleep except we like balconies, I gave up the AA in hopes of another upgrade.

Just got our assignment to an AC, near the end of the ship...is that ok? Besides the long walk down the hallway, any other experiences?

Has anyone experienced staying on the Dolphin deck near room 115, I guess since we booked AE, Princess gave us a room near there.:confused:

For only $100/PP you gave up a great location. At this point, why ask about 115, since you said you don't care about where you sleep. If there's lots of motion, you'll be feeling it more than if you had stayed midships in the AA. Enjoy your cruise.

Cabin D115, if that's what you have, is near the front of the ship, not the end or aft. I would call and see if there's an AC more towards the center that they can move you to. Sometimes they'll let you move cabins within a category even if you booked guarantee.

We have found the balconies towards the front of the ship kind of windy.

We originally booked a guarantee AE (very few of those, with the hope of an upgrade) and within the first month got an upgrade to a room center ship AA category. In a week prices dropped $200 per couple and I called the TA to see if we qualified and they said yes but we would drop to guarantee again. Since we don't care where we sleep except we like balconies, I gave up the AA in hopes of another upgrade.

This will usually happen to anyone if you choose the price decrease over the upgrade, you are again placed back into the assignment pool. You have to weigh the chance of getting a lower upgrade in comparison to the savings.

I agree with Pia, I personally would have kept the AA midship mini suite and let the $200 slide. Once assigned a good location, it would be difficult for us to take the chance on a forward stateroom for that type of savings.

But, what's done is done, nothing you can do about it now. So, just make sure to take something along in case you hit rough seas as forward will have more motion that midship usually. And above all else, enjoy your voyage. ;)

Hi, on the same sailing as you and on your roll call. You will like the aft mini better than the forward. You are closer to the pool areas, buffet, etc. I find the movement in the aft better than forward. We were fortunate to get a mid-ship mini at a lower cost than the price we paid when originally booked.

69 days to our sailing. Can't wait.

Michelle

I disagree with others who've said you gave up a great location midship.

We purposely always pick a cabin in the rear part of the ship.

The only time midship is good, IMHO, is if people have mobility problems

and really need to be more centralized to things. But if you like

to walk and have no mobility problems, then the aft is not a bad location

at all, nor is the front.

Hi, on the same sailing as you and on your roll call. You will like the aft mini better than the forward. You are closer to the pool areas, buffet, etc. I find the movement in the aft better than forward. We were fortunate to get a mid-ship mini at a lower cost than the price we paid when originally booked.

69 days to our sailing. Can't wait.

Michelle

Looking forward to our meet and greet! It's our first ever Princess.

Archived