Spirit Dining Options Outlined

WesW

Pls see release below that provides more fidelity on the Spirit's

six dining options. However, fee amounts for Le Champagne and Seishin

are not stated, just annouunced a fee is required to dine. Reservations

are required for Le Champagne, Seishin, Stars Supper Club and the old

faithful, La Terraza. Personally, am still hoping SS will explain how

you make the speciality restaurant reservations, vs.." you can only make them 24 hours in advance, first come, first serve"

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/3155-9309-silversea-unveils-dining-options-for-spirit.html

Doug, I hope you are right. I don't think this has been outlined anywhere at all in writing, and certainly not by Silversea.

I was told on the phone that it would probably price "the same" as Le Champagne. That is why I have been saying expensive, worried about it, etc., but the thought never entered my head until your post it could mean the $30 LC costs w/o the wine pairings.

The fact that the prices are not posted leads me to believe that it definitely is not a done deal whatever it is, and I was told as much a couple of days ago.

Isn't Le champagne's cost now $50 plus wine off the premium list if you don't do the paired wine/dinner menu? In that case Seishin might be the same or even more. It's a shame because from everything I see the Spirit will be a beautiful ship. Having two extra charge restaurants on what is supposedly and all inclusive line is a huge drawback.

brad1185, Regent also does not nickel and dime you--especially now that excursions are also included. Charging for Le Champagne is one of the few things that bugged me about our Whisper cruise in the Middle East. We just returned from the Baltics on Regent and enjoyed the new Prime 7 "steakhouse" on Regent. But frankly, our meals in the main restaurant, Compass Rose, were the best and most consistent that we've experienced on a cruise line.

I just wonder how successful it will be to charge for Seishin. Regent had more guests to fill their Asian restaurant, and I loved it, but they dumped it because they didn't think it was popular enough. It wasn't extra.

At any rate, we have something to speculate until it is announced.

Regent had more guests to fill their Asian restaurant, and I loved it, but they dumped it because they didn't think it was popular enough..
But from the deck plan drawings, this Asian restaurant is very small, the same size as La Champagne, and if they do it the Japanese style, only some seats around the counter and a few cubicles with tables.

If that is the case, those bento boxes, unlike dinners, should be free. There should be no line up, just call ahead to leave your suite number, and have it delivered. It may become popular for folks to bring those boxes ashore to eat during excursion?!

Henry, pls see below for cost of Le Champagne..but as I read this, it's contradictory (price is listed at $30 pp first, then $50 later)

WINE RESTAURANT BY RELAIS & CHÂTEAUX

The only Wine Restaurant by Relais & Châteaux at sea can be found aboard Silver Shadow and Silver Whisper (Le Champagne) and aboard Silver Cloud and Silver Wind (Saletta). Indulge in an evening where fine wines are complemented by a set tasting menu of regionally inspired dishes. An extraordinary six-course experience celebrating the world’s most distinguished wine regions. The Wine Restaurant fosters an intimate ambience perfectly suited for private dinner parties.

When dining in the Wine Restaurant, a cover charge of USD$30 per guest (USD$25 under 18 years) will be charged to your shipboard account for Gourmet Dining. Wine selections from the Connoisseur’s List range from USD$50 upwards, and will be charged to your account. Silversea’s complimentary selection of wines is not offered in the Wine Restaurant. For the Dégustation Dining option, a USD$200 per guest fee includes the USD$50 cover charge, a set selection of five premium wines served by the glass and a select after-dinner drink. Pricing is subject to change at any time without notice.

As Le Champagne dinner alumni on Shadow in July, we can confirm that the guest fee is $30. Several of the tables on our night did not order any wine at all. We ordered an $80 dollar bottle and were very happy with it.

I believe they are saying that if the $200 wine menu is chosen, then it includes the $30 fee cover charge. So there is a typo there.

The bottom line says prices subject to change, as always.

Unless one does not drink alcohol at all I cannot imagine dining at Le Champagne without wine. Therefore one has to buy at least one bottle off the premium list, more if you like different wines with different foods. So it is not an inexpensive evening either way.

Here's another question I have not seen addressed. At Seishin, in addition to the extra charge whatever it turns out to be, will we have to purchase wine off the premium list or will they serve complimentary wine?

We ordered an $80 dollar bottle and were very happy with it..
When we were on the Shadow in December, 2007, we ordered a bottle for $75 and it was nice. We did not finish it, and it was delivered to our cabin the next day, along with a "scroll" which was our menu that evening as a souvenir. In fact, we paid for that dinner from our AmEx shipboard credit, so in effect we did not pay anything at all .. meow!

If that is the case, those bento boxes, unlike dinners, should be free. There should be no line up, just call ahead to leave your suite number, and have it delivered. It may become popular for folks to bring those boxes ashore to eat during excursion?!

I really enjoy a bento box for lunch and this is a great idea meow! for an excursion:) But if it's $30 a hit, it becomes an expensive lunch every day on an all-inclusive line.

Cheers

ging466

ging466: I agree with you. By the way, I found the following, copied and pasted from Silversea's own website:

----------------

POOL GRILL

On Deck 9 adjacent to the pool area is the Pool Grill. In addition to a medley of salads, sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs offered for lunch in a casual outdoor setting, the Pool Grill on Silver Spirit will introduce a wellness breakfast designed to complement morning poolside fitness classes. Here guests can start the day energised with a menu of light and delicious fares -- from nutrition-packed fresh fruit smoothies and organic cereals to egg-white omelettes and spinach and artichoke frittatas. Also set to debut at the Pool Grill is a unique cooking concept for dinner that lets guests cook healthy fare on their own heated volcanic rock plate.

-------------------

Please pay attention to the last sentence. Does anyone know what "their own heated volcanic rock plate" is? What is this all about?

A friend of mine and I did the hot rock cooking at a trendy restaurant in downtown Houston a year or two ago, and it was fun. The food was actually delicious. We had meats, veggies, sauces and sides, and of course, lots of drinks. It was just a little setup, smaller than a fondue setup, and we just cooked a few bites at a time.

Archived