distilled water

buffalogal

the ship's water is distilled. The first time I was taking my CPAP, I asked the medical

supply I got it from, and they said use the ship's water out of the tap. So that's what

I've done since, no problem.

Yes the ship's water is distilled, but they do add chlorine to it prior to it going into the system as to avoid contamination within the pipes. So not completely chemical free if you are worried about resiude on your humidifier chamber.

As for regular distilled water, we just contacted the ship's dietary coordinator prior to sailing, they have the gallon ordered, and then we called room service when we got on board and they delivered it to our room. They mentioned to us that there may be a nominal charge for the water, but we never received a charge on any of our Princess sailings.

To de-salinate the water, I think it has to be distilled right from the ocean to the tap (I think that was shown on the "behind the scenes" tour?). Don't the ships sometimes get water from the ports we stop @ though?, if so, it probably isn't distilled.

Archived