Wine Package

DP

I am departing from Vancouver and will be purchasing the wine package. Will I be charged Canadian Tax when purchased prior to sailing? If so, will wine package still be offered once we leave port? I know it is only offered on first day but don't know when they stop offering.

I know in Florida they will charge you sales tax while the ship is in port so I would wait and do it at dinner your assistant waiter will gladly take your request. I have also ordered it after the first day in the past unless things have changed.

Have a great cruise:D

When you purchase the package before sailing, they just take all your seapass info and give you a hand written receipt. When you arrive at dinner just give your seapass and receipt to your waiter and they will affix a sticker to the seapass. When we have received the final bill it was always the wine pkg and gratuity. If you have any doubts, I'm sure you can purchase it at dinner.

I have a question about the wine packages and if you order the bottles of wine at dinner and don't finish them then, are you allowed to take the unfinished bottles back to your room after dinner? The reason I ask is because they say that any bottles you buy in port or in one of the shops onboard, they hold for you until after the cruise.

You will only pay tax on drinks that you purchase for consumption while in port. Any packages like the Wine & Dine aren't billed to your Seapass account immediately so IMO the cruiseline waits until they are out of the port to process these charges since you won't be consuming the product while in port. The W&D Pkg is also available the day after embarkation. I've never had a port tax added to these even when I purchased them while the ship was still in port or if I bought it online prior to the cruise.

I have a question about the wine packages and if you order the bottles of wine at dinner and don't finish them then, are you allowed to take the unfinished bottles back to your room after dinner? The reason I ask is because they say that any bottles you buy in port or in one of the shops onboard, they hold for you until after the cruise.

Yes, you can take an unfinished bottle back to your cabin or even request a new unopened bottle from any restaurant to do so with. Your cabin steward can provide glasses, ice bucket and a corkscrew if one is needed. Your waiter will also have your partially enjoyed bottle stored until your next meal if you wish. Others here on CC have mentioned being able to get a bottle from their W & D Pkg delivered by room service but I've never tried doing this.

Archived