Sea Sick Medication

theoaks39

Stop by a Health Food Store and get some Ginger Pills. Usually safe & effective for most age groups. Ask your doctor about Ginger Pills. Also, most ships are getting so large you shouldn't be bothered much, but I'd advise you to take something along. The price for buying something onboard will be inflated. MAKE UP A SMALL BAG WITH FOR MEDICINES & FIRST AID STUFF.

I had been cruising for years and taking everything mentioned above and most of the time got so seasick, I had to visit the doctor onboard the ship. HOWEVER, my doc gave me the cure. DO take ginger caplets (find them by the vitamins) at each meal AND take a bonine twice a day. Both of these doses are higher than the recommended dose, but my doctor said it would not hurt. Hurt? Heck, I am dancing from the moment I board the ship because the worst I get is maybe just a tiny big queasy the first night and that's IT. I have since been on a VERY rough cruise and there were seasick bags placed on the staircases and the captain even apologized for the rough seas and I was NOT SICK AT ALL! Consequently, I highly recommend you at LEAST take the ginger caplets. Take the first one the night before the cruise at dinner.

I've been cured!!!!!!!!!! HOOOORAYYYY!!!!

Thank you for the info. This really makes sense to me. I will add ginger to the Bonine next trip.:cool:

I had been cruising for years and taking everything mentioned above and most of the time got so seasick, I had to visit the doctor onboard the ship. HOWEVER, my doc gave me the cure. DO take ginger caplets (find them by the vitamins) at each meal AND take a bonine twice a day. Both of these doses are higher than the recommended dose, but my doctor said it would not hurt. Hurt? Heck, I am dancing from the moment I board the ship because the worst I get is maybe just a tiny big queasy the first night and that's IT. I have since been on a VERY rough cruise and there were seasick bags placed on the staircases and the captain even apologized for the rough seas and I was NOT SICK AT ALL! Consequently, I highly recommend you at LEAST take the ginger caplets. Take the first one the night before the cruise at dinner.

I've been cured!!!!!!!!!! HOOOORAYYYY!!!!

Actually the Bonine and Less Drowsy Dramamine dosage is 1-2 tablets a day which is how I take it as well as ginger root twice per day. So, you're not taking above the recommended dosage. As for Ginger, there is no exact dosage, but 1000 mg is shown to help motion sickness and nausea.

The evening before our cruise I take a ginger and a Bonine. The day of I take one of each with breakfast and then also take one each evening .

Archived