Star Princess--good deck for walking

sand piper

What is the best deck for exercise walking?

TIA, Salley

On the Grand Class ships (including the Star), I think the Promenade Deck is the best for walking. The outside promenade is open to the air, but covered to protect you from the sun or adverse weather. There tends not to be a ton of foot traffic, depending on the time of day. On most of these ships you actually have to climb a few stairs at the bow to continue outside, but there is also an option of cutting through the hallway in front of the Princess Theater if you don't want to climb the stairs. This is the deck they use for the Susan B. Coleman walks and it works very well. It has the fewest obstructions.

Hope that helps.

Have fun!

*edit* LOL! Looks like someone types faster than I. ;)

The Promenade Deck is best for walking, but it doesn't wrap around the entire ship. Toward the Bow, you will need to climb stairs to the Emerald deck and then back down the other side. I believe a little over three times equals a mile. There should be a plaque stating that. Also, try to walk in the same direction as everyone else. The Promenade Deck does tend to be a little narrow on this class of ship. It is much wider on the Island/Coral and does wrap around on those ships.

The Promenade Deck is best for walking, but it doesn't wrap around the entire ship. Toward the Bow, you will need to climb stairs to the Emerald deck and then back down the other side. I believe a little over three times equals a mile. There should be a plaque stating that. Also, try to walk in the same direction as everyone else. The Promenade Deck does tend to be a little narrow on this class of ship. It is much wider on the Island/Coral and does wrap around on those ships.

Yes, that is true. YOu have some stairs toward the bow, but it's good exercise :D

Not only do you have to go up a couple of mini-flights of stairs, but the forward sections are closed off in the morning so you can't go all the way around the Promenade deck if you like to walk early. Also, as mentioned by someone else, the Promenade deck is much narrower than on other ships. The ship isn't really suited for exercise walking.

I found it easier to do my power walk in the interior hallways of my passenger deck. Boring but no obstructions and all level.

Jackie

The Princess Grand class ships have the best Promenade deck we've ever seen. Wonderful, great big wraparound Promenade! The section up front is best ever, and you get the bonus of climbing stairs to get to it. Great exercise, and not all that many people there. Doesn't get any better than that. :)

Archived