Volunteer Point & King Penguin Colony

Rusty

Can anyone recommend a tour guide and is mid march to late to view the penguins?
As you may know, touring resources on Falklands are quite limited so you really need to get planning asap! Here’s a fantastic site that covers everything you need to know about excursions on Falklands, including Volunteer Point.

http://www.visitorfalklands.com/content/view/185/170/

We went with Patrick Watts at pwatts@horizon.co.fk & recommend him highly. We went in mid-March/09 and saw large colonies of King Penguins, Gentoos & the occassional burrowing Magellanics. So it's definitely not too late! :):)

HI I live in Patagonia, in Puerto Madryn, i dont know about KING Penguin. but i know that in PUNTA TOMBO, Puerto MAdryn is a continental reserve of MAgallanic Penguins, they arrive in September and stay at to March...you will see nearly 1 million penguins walking among the people, !!! this is the biggest continetal reserve in the word of penguins....so if you need more information o photo ask me ,,,,

Hello saidamadryn: What is your opinion of forasterotours? Are they a good choice? We will be in Puerto Madryn on Feb. 25. Are looking at going to Punta Tomba.......Thanks for any info you can provide........:)

saidamadryn is a tour guide posting in this forum against CC rules. From another post in this forum:

"Hi Chabre ,,, if you take de Norwegian Sun , i know that it will stop in Puerto Madryn, the other one ,, i dont konw. So, any way if you need infomation about what to visit in Puerto Madryn or in all Patagonia ask me. I live in Puerto MAdryn and i am a tour guide so i have information.."

saidamadryn is a tour guide posting in this forum against CC rules.
And in his haste to offer his services, he didn't notice that the OP was specifically asking for info about Volunteer Point and King Penguins NOT about Puerto Madryn and Magellanics. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived