Please help, what would you do?

glo1196

Someone mentioned the kids sleeping on the sofabed mattress on the floor - assuming the sofa in 1388 is the same as 1688, that won't work. It's not a pull-out sofabed, instead the back lays down to make the bed. Having slept on several of the pull-out sofabeds on other ships, I have to say this one is much more comfortable.

Also, we didn't experience any problems with soot. The balcony has 2 chairs and 2 loungers. Our cabin steward brought us a 3rd lounger and there was still plenty of room on the balcony.

491771671_sxXb4-M-1.jpg

I have sailed in BOTH - 1688/1388 and a midship Deck 9 JS.

Yes, the corner aft cabin is lovely. We truly enjoyed it. It's a fabulous value, on a D1 cruisefare. The balcony is VERY large.

But it is NOT as large as a JS. It's getting close, but it is still smaller.

You will have MORE room in the JS. A rollaway would be tight in 1688/1388. It would be much more doable in the JS.

The bathroom isn't really bigger in the JS. It's enough larger to accommodate the bathtub, but that is all the extra space that there is. The "moving around" space is about the same.

The good thing about your dilemma is that it's a win-win! Whichever you choose, you will have great accommodations!

(but for the same amount that you were planning on spending on the D1, *I* would take the JS :))

It really is a personal decision and you will be happy with either. I do not like the aft cabins at all since the vibrations there would and did keep me up. I much prefer mid ship. Now I would change the aft to mid ship balcony and forgo the suite for the 300 obc or take the suite and get the extra room and the extra cruise credit. But mid ship would be my choice.

I have stayed in both. the corner aft is the same size as the JS and does have a larger balcony.

If it were my choice I would go with the JS. It has a bathtub, is more centrally located and so, less rocking. My big reasons are: 1) I did not like the aft view. All I saw was the wake. I very much missed seeing the scenery as we passed by. 2) I absolutely felt the prop vibrations. It woke me up early in the mornings when we docked.

Now, this being said. Many people absolutely love the aft because they find the wake view soothing and the vibrations help them fall asleep.

What ever choice you make, have fun!

In the end we chose room 1388 and kept the OBC to spend on excursions and on the ship. I am hoping it was the right thing for us. I am happy with our decision I am going to ask about the rollaway bed. A friend of mine did this with 4 adults and it worked well for them. My girls are 13 but very petite and hopefully ok.

In the end we chose room 1388 and kept the OBC to spend on excursions and on the ship. I am hoping it was the right thing for us. I am happy with our decision I am going to ask about the rollaway bed. A friend of mine did this with 4 adults and it worked well for them. My girls are 13 but very petite and hopefully ok.

Good choice! (Although a hard decision, it was a position we all secretly

wish we were in :p)

A~

I think you made the right decision. I always thought I wouldn't like an aft balcony but then I tried one. Boy was I wrong. I loved it and now always try for an aft, especially the corner. You can see scenery from both sides, at least we could. And the size of the corner aft balcony is wonderful.

As far as feeling motion in the back I didn't find it bad at all and we had one really rough day on our last cruise. I am prone to seasickness too. Much worse in the front of the ship. And we had no soot at all.

Hope you have a great cruise!

You know you'll be addicted to balcony rooms after this cruise right?:)

Archived