Room Steward Question

ken85121

I would love to hear your thoughts on tipping your room steward at the beginning of the cruise. Also your thoughts on cruisers bringing a little 'gift' for the steward. We have done this and try to put very useful items in the gift bags for them.

Kathy in Maine

I tip my cabin stewards $20 each the first day of the cruise with a note saying I love towel animals. Works great everytime! As far as gifts go just remember the crew has limited space but they are fun getting. I keep everything that I'm given back home.

Last time I brought my stewards a package of those googly eyes from Dollar Tree for their towel animals. They really seemed to love them. They said they had been tearing little pieces of paper for eyes.

I always tips on the last full night, with a little thank you note. I also offer them lots of things I don't want to take on the last morning. I tell them that if they don't want it, maybe some other srewards would or they can toss them. One was the little plug in heater for candles and a small pyrex bowl that I brought for the Le Bistro Chocolate Fondue that I had delivered to the suite. They said they had never seen that one before. Also brought some flameless tealights and stuff.

We had wonderful stewards on the Sun in February, John and Christopher. Anyone who has them as their stewards in the future will have the pleasure of the services and compony of these two fine men.

Archived