Fort Launderdale vs Tampa vs Port Canerval vs Galveston ?

JamesOceanVillage

Which Port?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Port?

I've been to all except Galvaston. The drive to Port Canaveral is about an hour from the airport. It's 35 minutes to the port in Tampa and a mere 15 minutes from Ft Lauderdale airport. Plus, FLL has the best hotels close to the Port. We stay at Lago Mar, 5 minutes away from the port and right on the beach. We can watch the ships leave the night before we cruise which is a bonus, and it's a luxury resort with reasonable prices, good food and a great bar. I would choose Fort Lauderdale over all others.

Personally it would be Fort Lauderdale for the convenience. The port is really close to the airport and as the other poster stated the flights are usually cheaper.

We have cruised from New Orleans pre Katrina and arrived a few days to see the town. It was a blast but the options for itinerary's are much better out of Florida. Even when we cruise from Miami or Port Canaveral we usually fly into Fort Lauderdale a day early and rent a car then drive to the port.

Hey, would love to do a Carnival Cruise but what port is the best all rounder?

Thanks James:D

I love Port Canaveral the best, but Fort Lauderdale is good as well. I live in Florida so I just drive to the ports and it's not an issue. I guess if you're flying then the airport transfer might be the deal breaker. Port Canaveral is the most organized I've been too, but so is Fort Lauderdale. Very easy to get in and out of - not like Miami where wrong turns and traffic can make it tricky at times.

Ft. Lauderdale is probably the most convenient due to proximity to the airport and location in South Florida, but it is a huge port and can have a lot of ships there on the weekend, not to mention allt he container ships and fuel tankers.

Tampa is a small port and they have valet parking (at least they did). The location in downtown Tampa is very scenic and well manicured.

Archived