Avalon carry on luggage

missyal

For those who have recently travelled on Avalon, what did you use for your carryon? Did you stick with the little blue bag they send? I know it meets their regulations of 12x11x6, but it seems so small. I think I will be lost without my wheeled carryon bag!!:eek: Do most folks use the blue bag? Just curious as to what others have done/used.

Many thanks.

Missyal

On our trip we weren't traveling by bus anywhere but from the ship to the train to go to Paris. We kept our carry-ons with us. We have a wheeled carry-on that we took both this year and last year. No problem with that.

When we were traveling in Australia and needed to have an extra bag, they did charge us a small daily fee for handling it ... but if you are mainly on the river, you can take along a rolled carry-on with no problems.

I would never be able to use just the bag that they sent for my carry-on ... we have too much prescription medication to take with us ... :)

For those who have recently travelled on Avalon, what did you use for your carryon? Did you stick with the little blue bag they send? I know it meets their regulations of 12x11x6, but it seems so small. I think I will be lost without my wheeled carryon bag!!:eek: Do most folks use the blue bag? Just curious as to what others have done/used.

Many thanks.

Missyal

I've been struggling with this same question so asked it in a poll. See the results (and comments) with this LINKY.

My tote bag was just the right size ... I think that the next time we go one of us will get a nice sized backpack ... this way we can take it with us when we got out on our excursions ... easier than trying to carry everything in those little bags that they sent ... at least this year's bags were bigger and nicer than we got last year ....

Interesting poll ....

I think I will take a chance and take a very small carry on with recessed wheels. As we are travelling independantly after the cruise, I really need the space. For daily tours I have a Pac-safe bag that is plenty big enough. DH can even carry a backpack, but we don't like to carry alot when we are on foot and touring.

Thanks so much for all the advice!

Missyal

Archived