Adding a Person to Early Saver Reservation?

Cruzin 1025

Hoping someone here might know the answer to this one.

We have a friend who booked a 1A single on our upcoming B2B cruises. At the time she didn't have a roommate, but this weekend we were talking to another friend who may want to join us. Since she's got the upper bunk still open we'd like to add our friend in her room. Normally I'd say no big deal - we did this before changing a room from a double to a triple last year - but not sure how this works now with the early saver rate. Can you add someone with that rate?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tracey

There was a thread by someone in a balcony?? And he had to pay extra over and above the 200% he was already paying. He wasnt happy. Maybe its that no name change thingee?? Call and ask whomever you booked with, I would. His problem might have been timing, the ES rate gone or some such...

I would call the TA or PVP you booked with.

Okay...just called my PVP. She said you CAN add someone, and the new person would have to pay at the most recent ES rate. Still less than paying the single supplement. So the person being added will pay the difference and end up owing the original person a little bit. She couldn't look up the exact prices because the 1As are sold out right now, but she compared a 4A and it should still work out as an overall savings over the single rate.

Okay...just called my PVP. She said you CAN add someone, and the new person would have to pay at the most recent ES rate. Still less than paying the single supplement. So the person being added will pay the difference and end up owing the original person a little bit. She couldn't look up the exact prices because the 1As are sold out right now, but she compared a 4A and it should still work out as an overall savings over the single rate.

How can they add someone at the ES 1A rate if there is no ES 1A rate and the 1As are all booked up .... are you saying they have to use the 4A rate to put someone into a 1A?

.... now I see why the poster was unhappy he couldnt just move someone into his cabin, it is complicated by what rates are left too.

How can they add someone at the ES 1A rate if there is no ES 1A rate and the 1As are all booked up .... are you saying they have to use the 4A rate to put someone into a 1A?

.... now I see why the poster was unhappy he couldnt just move someone into his cabin, it is complicated by what rates are left too.

As I understood it, the supervisor will price it at the last 1A ES rate that was available. My PVP couldn't do it, but said it wasn't a problem.

Waiting to see if the other girl is in for sure or not. Air is quite a bit higher than what it was when we booked, but I think overall she'll still end up with a good price. And she said she's got 20 days of vacation still to use. Hopefully just a matter of making sure those days are available for her to take!

Once we get this all squared away, I'll come back and post all the details for future reference for everyone. :D

Yea, I dont see how they can give someone a 1A ES price if it doesnt exist anymore.

While all the 1A cabins are all sold out......thusly no price to compare to........the cabin still has an open bunk as it was booked as a solo. If the ship is not sold out exceeding capacity, then the bunk can be sold.

I do see your point for the ES rate but the regular rates dont exist either as the category is sold out. The person is lucking out if they use the ES rate as it would be cheaper than the other rates.

Dave

While all the 1A cabins are all sold out......thusly no price to compare to........the cabin still has an open bunk as it was booked as a solo. If the ship is not sold out exceeding capacity, then the bunk can be sold.

I do see your point for the ES rate but the regular rates dont exist either as the category is sold out. The person is lucking out if they use the ES rate as it would be cheaper than the other rates.

Dave

My PVP said they can indeed do this, since there isnt a price for the category, they can go back to the last ES 1A price ... works for me.

My PVP said they can indeed do this, since there isnt a price for the category, they can go back to the last ES 1A price ... works for me.

Also if you think about it, the second person is basically paid for if they paid 200%. Though in some cases going solo was charged out at 150% depending on the sailing.

Dave

Also if you think about it, the second person is basically paid for if they paid 200%. Though in some cases going solo was charged out at 150% depending on the sailing.

Dave

Yes, she paid 150%, so there will be some additional cost over what was originally paid, but the per person price should be less. Waiting on confirmation that our friend can get the days off and join us. Will let you all know what happens after we get it all booked.

Archived