Steamer for wrinkles allowed?

allenee

For those of you who don't want to take a steamer, I have a way to keep my clothes wrinkle free. I pack every outfit, ie, shirt and pants, blouse and skirt, etc. on hangers. I then pack two outfits in a dry cleaner bag. I also use the hangers I get from the dry cleaner to hang my clothes.

Rarely do I have wrinkled clothes. There is something about the bags that allows clothes to move around so they don't get wrinkled. This method also makes for easy unpacking as I just hang the bags in the closet.

Enjoy!

For those of you who don't want to take a steamer, I have a way to keep my clothes wrinkle free. I pack every outfit, ie, shirt and pants, blouse and skirt, etc. on hangers. I then pack two outfits in a dry cleaner bag. I also use the hangers I get from the dry cleaner to hang my clothes.

Rarely do I have wrinkled clothes. There is something about the bags that allows clothes to move around so they don't get wrinkled. This method also makes for easy unpacking as I just hang the bags in the closet.

Enjoy!

I also did that on our last cruise, and it does work nicely. I put my husbands dress shirts and tie and just folded them into the suitcase and hung them when we could and no wrinkles!!

Enjoy!

Where do you get dry cleaning bags. We don't use dry cleaners that much anymore.

The Downey Wrinkle Release comes in travel size. I don't travel without it.

I thought that steamers, like irons, were a no-no on ships now. I don't bring mine anymore because I had heard that.

Shay

Steamers are allowed.. irons are not! I know this because I accidently said a 'steam iron' (meaning a steamer) in a post and was flamed immediatly! Even when I reworded it, people kept right on giving me a hard time about it. It's like... gee people, read all the posts on this thread! Not just the first and last...:( Anyway, I take my STEAMER every cruise and it's fine. Never had a problem but think I will look for a better one. Mine steams for about 20 seconds and then has a 10 second 'cool-off' period. Takes more time to get the wrinkles out and I hate it! If anyone has some recommendations for a really good steamer, please let me know...

Where do you get dry cleaning bags. We don't use dry cleaners that much anymore.

Just go to any dry cleaners and you can purchase them for about 10 cents a bag. Or you can go to the dollar store and buy plastic sheets for painting rooms, etc.. and cut them to the size you need.. this works also. More work though than just purchasing the bags but to each his own.

Just go to any dry cleaners and you can purchase them for about 10 cents a bag. Or you can go to the dollar store and buy plastic sheets for painting rooms, etc.. and cut them to the size you need.. this works also. More work though than just purchasing the bags but to each his own.

Thank you for the tips.

Steamers are allowed.. irons are not! I know this because I accidently said a 'steam iron' (meaning a steamer) in a post and was flamed immediatly! Even when I reworded it, people kept right on giving me a hard time about it. It's like... gee people, read all the posts on this thread! Not just the first and last...:( Anyway, I take my STEAMER every cruise and it's fine. Never had a problem but think I will look for a better one. Mine steams for about 20 seconds and then has a 10 second 'cool-off' period. Takes more time to get the wrinkles out and I hate it! If anyone has some recommendations for a really good steamer, please let me know...

I purchased a Rowenta steamer at B B & Beyond. It works really well. I have never had much luck with Downy wrinkle release. They do have irons on board in the laundry room. I think I will do that next time instead of bringing the steamer. Also this last cruise I packed our clothes a little differant. Instead of folding them I rolled them. It worked really well. I had less wrinkles and it made for more room in the suit case. I was able to pack both mine and DH clothes and extra stuff all in one case. I will definetly pack this way from now on.:)

I took a steamer on our first cruise, but not on our other cruises.

With formal clothes going into the garment bag I just put each one into a dry-cleaner bag and that keeps them from wrinkling. I usually have DH's suit/2 shirts, and 2 of my dresses.

Rarely have wrinkled clothes in the regular luggage either, as I fold them and put heaviest items (shoes/jeans/pants) on the bottom then fill up with the rest.

And if I DID have something wrinkle I have decided that the next time we cruise I'll just send it out for pressing. I don't think it costs that much to do.

We bought a Rowenta travel steamer a few years ago. Works pretty good!

I suspect the mixed reviews have to do with mixed expectations?:confused:

Sup BigD?! Long time.

Archived