Disembarkation time in RIO?

Nuka

Hi there,

I'm travelling on INSIGNIA this fall from Barcelona to RIO. Per the itinerary, I've noticed that the ship gets into at noon to RIO.

I was planning on booking a private tour, but wasn't sure what time I should ask the guide to meet.

Has anyone had any experience disembarking at RIO?

Much thanks!

Last November, we got in an hour late. Sea between Salvador and Rio was a bit rougher than usual, so ship could not travel at planned speed. Took an additional 30 minutes to get off ship...... tour guide just waited.

We also were about 1 hr.or so late getting in Rio.We purchased a cell phone that can be used internationally,or check with you own personal carrier.It was a godsend, we could call ahead to tour operator and postpone time to be picked up from ship. It was also a comfort to know that we could contact ship,in case of an emergency when on shore excursions.Do make sure you see the Christ statue, it was under construction when we went,but still great.Also, take a stroll or swim on the famous beachs.We got a good tour book and made sure our guide took us to the ones we wanted to see, not just HIS ideas.Have a great time...:)

Archived