What Is The Fee For The Internet

Actually, I didn't find the internet to be all that slow when I was on Serenade in September. I used it twice and one time i was on for 12 minutes and the other was for 10. Each time I checked 2 different email accounts and wrote to a couple of people. I mean it's not like a cable connection, but it's not that bad. And if you are a Crown and Anchor member, there are coupons for free time. 10 or 15 minutes I think.

.50 is cheap compared to other lines, in fact I haven't heard of it being less anywhere else. If you are a Crown and Anchor member, you may get a coupon in your books for some free time. I know Platinum members get 15 free minutes. Not sure about gold members

If you are a Crown and Anchor member, you may get a coupon in your books for some free time. I know Platinum members get 15 free minutes. Not sure about gold members
Gold members get a coupon for 10 free minutes.

When we were on the Navigator on 12/18, they had changed the internet costs. When you logged onto the computer, it gave you several options. You could use it at the standard .50 a minute or you could buy blocks of time to use use over the course of the cruise. I can't remember exactly how much the increments were but the amount per minute dropped to .42 cents and maybe as low as .33 per minute depending on much you spent. If you need to use it with some regularity, I recommend buying one of the blocks of time.

We were on the VOS in September and ran into TWO awful hurricanes, which necessitated a change in itinerary. Before this change, the charge was 50 cents per minute, and eventually because of the hurricane it became free. I didn't mind the 50 cents at all, and it didn't seem particularly slow to me. :D

.50 is cheap compared to other lines, in fact I haven't heard of it being less anywhere else.
Although however "small" the fee is compared to other cruise lines, it's always astronomical compared to internet cafes ashore which are a much better bet.

When we were on the Navigator in Oct. they were having alot of problems with the computers. They were not charging anything many days. I guess they were compensating passengers for the inconvience. We used the internet many times with no charges, it was very nice of them.:D

Carrie

Several airlines allow their passengers to print boarding passes 24 hours in advance of their flight. Can this be done aboard RCCL ships?
There were a couple of printers available in the internet cafe on Rhapsody. So I would assume all RCCL ships with internet cafes have printers. Therefore, yes, you could print boarding passes. :)

Ok, so where are the internet cafes onshore for the Eastern Itinerary (san juan, st. thomas, st. martin, nassau)? I do not want to spend all my island time traipsing around looking for a computer, but this seems like another good option. Anyone have more detailed info? Thanks

I talked to a RCCL rep yesterday regarding Internet on the Radiance. He said their package for unlimited use from your stateroom was $100 for the cruise; 50 cents a minute from the ship's Internet Cafe. I figure I'm probably not going to send e-mails that first or last day so that would work out to $20/day for a 7-day cruise. Plus I think it would be safer doing e-mail in my stateroom rather than a cafe-type setting.

I just returned Jan.9 from the eastern Caribbean on the Radiance, and I'm having to wean myself away from this board. I thought I'd respond to this thread since DH took his laptop along to use instant messenger for his business. We paid the $100 (plus $27 for deposit on the cable which was refunded when he returned the cable), and I enjoyed emailing my daughter each day, and he was able to keep up with happenings in our privately-owned business.

However, since nothing really occurred at home/business which needed his immediate attention, he decided that when we cruise again, we wouldn't take the laptop. I think this was mainly because he disliked having to lug it on planes halfway across the country and back.

There were always computers available on the ship - at least, during the times I saw them. Even our suite hookup was verrrryy slow; we're really spoiled with DSL, and the waiting time was agony for any page to come up. I haven't figured out how much money it would have cost to spend the time emailing on the ship computers at .50 a minute.

Just thought I'd give you my take on this subject...good luck, and have a great time. Wish I were with the next sailing...I had the most wonderful time!

Judy

In Nassau and Cozumel (the only two ports we've been to so far) there were little internet cafes all over the place. It seemed like you couldn't walk down a side street without seeing one. In Cozumel, I believe it was half an hour for $3. (One-fifth the price of RC Online!)

We wanted to book our next cruise while we were aboard, however, and did all of our research aboard ship. The internet is free when you're access Royal Caribbean's website.

.50 is cheap compared to other lines, in fact I haven't heard of it being less anywhere else.

We were on the Spirit in 2002 as a senior trip for my daughter. We left the other two kids at home, and wanted to be able to keep in touch as much as possible---checking on them in the morning and evening. We paid a flat rate of $100 for unlimited usage. Depending on how much you need it would determine if this was a good deal. For us--it was.

Any problems with hooking up in your room? Could you pretty readily get connected? How complicated were the instructions? Do you just hook into the cabin phone line or is there a separate line? Do you need to have your own ISP - Earthlink, AOL or Yahoo?

Thanks. Headed to the W. Carribean on Jan. 30th Mariner.

Archived