Concent letter for grandparents when parents are also sailing?

European_CruiseGirl

Hi everyone, our first family cruise is approaching (actually we are cruising next week) and I started to think about this scenario:

We (DH, our DD 1 yrs and I) are cruising with my DM. DH and I will take a couple of half day excursions while my DM will stay onboard with our DD. So - what happens if our DD should need immediate medical attention/treatment while we are on a excursion and unavailable? What will happen if we would miss the ship (not likely as we have morning excursions but...)? Do we need some kind of concent form/letter for my DM stating that when we are unavailable on this cruise she can make medical decisions for our DD (and also otherwise take care of her)?

Thanks for your help! :)

Avoid going to Sick Bay as much as possible! If the Doctor determines that any of you (INCLUDING the baby) have something that could be considered contagious, they will confine you to quarters and you will be stuck in your cabin regardless if anyone else in your party is displaying symptoms.

Baby_G was sick and we (all 9 of us // four cabins) were confined to quarters. It was a horrible time and I will only go to Sick Bay if someone is VERY, VERY ill or something is broken. :mad:

Lady_G

Avoid going to Sick Bay as much as possible! If the Doctor determines that any of you (INCLUDING the baby) have something that could be considered contagious, they will confine you to quarters and you will be stuck in your cabin regardless if anyone else in your party is displaying symptoms.

Baby_G was sick and we (all 9 of us // four cabins) were confined to quarters. It was a horrible time and I will only go to Sick Bay if someone is VERY, VERY ill or something is broken. :mad:

Lady_G

IMO, that is the correct action to take, as everyone in close contact with the sick person, could also be contagious.

Archived