Wine packages

markandpen

We just returned (9/7) from a 4 day Canada cruise on Triumph from NYC. Two five bottle wine packages were offered, a "deluxe" at $104 and a "premium" at $150 (plus 15% gratuity). Each has around 10 choices and saves you 20-25%, depending on the bottles that you select. We took the "deluxe" and were pleased with the wines that we received. Not great wines, but good and a real value at $21 a bottle in a restaurant setting.

Bill Henderson

We just returned (9/7) from a 4 day Canada cruise on Triumph from NYC. Two five bottle wine packages were offered, a "deluxe" at $104 and a "premium" at $150 (plus 15% gratuity). Each has around 10 choices and saves you 20-25%, depending on the bottles that you select. We took the "deluxe" and were pleased with the wines that we received. Not great wines, but good and a real value at $21 a bottle in a restaurant setting.
Can you please explain to me how the wine package works? Do they keep your wine, and then deliver it at dinner from your stash? If so, is there additional gratuity and/or corkage fees?

Or do you keep it in your cabin? Again, are there then corkage fees?

DH and I are likely to order a bottle every night at dinner, so the package seems like an economical way to go. I just want to make sure it really is. TIA!

Can you please explain to me how the wine package works? Do they keep your wine, and then deliver it at dinner from your stash? If so, is there additional gratuity and/or corkage fees?

Or do you keep it in your cabin? Again, are there then corkage fees?

DH and I are likely to order a bottle every night at dinner, so the package seems like an economical way to go. I just want to make sure it really is. TIA!

They give the wine to you in the dining room. We bought the 3 bottle package. They gave us a card with 3 coupons attached to use whatever night we wanted wine. They do not charge you a corkage fee if you buy their wine. We were told we could bring the bottle to our room afterwards if we wanted or they would keep it for another night. We never had anything left to worry about it!;)

You buy your package and they give you coupons (don't lose them). You present a coupon each evening to your waiter with your wine selection and they will serve it to you. The additional 15% (gratuity)is added to the price at the time of purchase.

They give the wine to you in the dining room. We bought the 3 bottle package. They gave us a card with 3 coupons attached to use whatever night we wanted wine. They do not charge you a corkage fee if you buy their wine. We were told we could bring the bottle to our room afterwards if we wanted or they would keep it for another night. We never had anything left to worry about it!;)
IMO, a 750 ml bottle is a single serving. :D

I think a 5 bottle package for the MDR and a 3L Black Box in the cabin should get us by, though. :cool:

Do you have to get all the same wines, or can you mix-and-match from the package lists?

I'm cruising in 7 days!!! First time on the Holiday. Does anyone know if Carnival offers a wine package for a four day sailing???

Pennie

They did on our recent Elation cruise. The choices were minimal compared to RCCL but very nice. We purchased the premium package. You get 3 bottles of wine for around $90 plus 15% - one per night.

On the Fascination last January they had a table set up in the main lobby as soon as you boarded. You couldn't miss it! We ordered our package right then and there. You have to have priorities!!! You can even select all of your wines that first night at dinner for the rest of the cruise. That way the waiter doesn't have to wait to see what you want. He will have it on the table waiting for you. Makes it a little easier on them too.

You can even select all of your wines that first night at dinner for the rest of the cruise. That way the waiter doesn't have to wait to see what you want. He will have it on the table waiting for you. Makes it a little easier on them too.
Except that I won't know what I want to drink until I know what I am eating. :confused:

Archived