Tenders ...how difficult?

SerendipityLulu

Firstly, thanks for all the fabulous information I've read so far...

Now my question...

i'm a little bit challenged physically ...not great balance (no I don't get sea sick) and I have rhuematoid arthritis so I'm not very agile/flexible ...I can still dance but not leap tall buildings...

How hard is it to get off the ship at the ports of call onto tender boats?

I'm going to Emerald Bay, Isle of Pines and Noumea ...

:cool:

Hi,

No need to worry. The crew are fantastic, and they assist everyone to get on the tenders. My husband suffers from Osteo arthritis, and has had a total knee replacement...he is fine. There is a lot of room, you sort of get onto a barge with rails, and the crew hang on to you tight, even though there is absolutely no need for them to do this. You will be fine.

Cheers,

Jen

Hi,

No need to worry. The crew are fantastic, and they assist everyone to get on the tenders. My husband suffers from Osteo arthritis, and has had a total knee replacement...he is fine. There is a lot of room, you sort of get onto a barge with rails, and the crew hang on to you tight, even though there is absolutely no need for them to do this. You will be fine.

Cheers,

Jen

I cannot begin to tell you how much I love that answer!!!

thank you...

Now my question...

i'm a little bit challenged physically ...not great balance (no I don't get sea sick) and I have rhuematoid arthritis so I'm not very agile/flexible ...I can still dance but not leap tall buildings...

You'll be fine. The crew are wonderful and will help you on and off the ships at the tender ports (Emerald Bay & Isle of Pines).

In Noumea the ship is tied up to the Wharf, so no problems at all there.

Now my question...

My dad has the same as you , but he is worse then you, in saying that yes the crew are very helpfull, and you will probly be put on the tender last and off first as they normaly do,i did say in a review a little while ago we had a guy in wheel chair on our cruise, the same with the crew went out of there way to help on and off the tender and stairs at every port , i personly would not get a second thought about getting help with the tender as you will get help even if you dont want it. have a great cruise.

Thank you also Skyrules ...really appreciate the reassurance...

It is such a blessing isn't it? Instead of worrying/wondering ..having a pool of experienced voyagers to answer little worriesome questions.

I am starting to believe I'm going to have a wonderful time!

yuor welcone and im shore you will have a great cruise

Thank you also Skyrules ...really appreciate the reassurance...

It is such a blessing isn't it? Instead of worrying/wondering ..having a pool of experienced voyagers to answer little worriesome questions.

I am starting to believe I'm going to have a wonderful time!

You're welcome :) Glad to be of assistance! I've seen the crew do wonders with getting people on and off the tenders, even in rougher seas.

You will have a wonderful time, and you'll be hooked, just like the rest of us.

hi

i have just disembarked ( LOL still thinking in cruising terms) pacific dawn 10 days ago, i was travelling with a not quite 2 yr old child, while not quite having the same issue as you, i was worried about the tender process and getting her on and off with the pram as in most ports we visited i needed it. it all cases the staff were absolutely amazing and under some situations we just lifted the pram across baby and all, she even managed to completely sleep through one complete tender trip this way, its easy done and ther was always 2-3 staff on hand to help everyone cross on the tenders.

hope that helps

michelle

:D

hi

i have just disembarked ( LOL still thinking in cruising terms) pacific dawn 10 days ago, i was travelling with a not quite 2 yr old child, while not quite having the same issue as you, i was worried about the tender process and getting her on and off with the pram as in most ports we visited i needed it. it all cases the staff were absolutely amazing and under some situations we just lifted the pram across baby and all, she even managed to completely sleep through one complete tender trip this way, its easy done and ther was always 2-3 staff on hand to help everyone cross on the tenders.

hope that helps

michelle

yes i would agree , sorry forgot to add that in we have three old who have been a every cruise cruise with us , we have found the same thing thing. all of what cruisekids009 said all true :D:D:D:D

Hi Serendipity,

My DW is blind and we initially had worries about using the tenders. These fears were totally unfounded after our first cruise. You find crew will be more than happy to assist and get you on and off ship safely. Don't worry about it and enjoy the cruise!

Ted

Now my question...

My grandparents in their 70's recently cruised and I was worried about how they would go with the tenders. But they had no problems at all as when you go to embark / disembark on the tenders, there are rows of the ship crew on each side of you, helping you on and off the tenders. They will also tell you when it is safe to cross onto / off the tenders, and wait for the waves to settle if the water is moving a bit.

I am sure you will have a fantastic cruise! Feel free to post if you have any other questions, big or small :)

My grandparents in their 70's recently cruised and I was worried about how they would go with the tenders. But they had no problems at all as when you go to embark / disembark on the tenders, there are rows of the ship crew on each side of you, helping you on and off the tenders. They will also tell you when it is safe to cross onto / off the tenders, and wait for the waves to settle if the water is moving a bit.

I am sure you will have a fantastic cruise! Feel free to post if you have any other questions, big or small :)

Thank you so much ...I'm sure I will have a fantastic cruise!

That was the only thing worrying me really and I already feel fine about it, thanks to all the responses.

Just to add to what the other posters have said. There is a special reserved section in the middle of the tender for people with disabilities. So you could probably request that seating an be last on but first off.

LOL I had not thought of the very cute sailors!

Maybe I'll have to lean into them a little.;)

You will find some of the ports will probably have catamarans as well as tenders...these are alot more comfortable and far easier to get on, irrespective of having help from the staff...maybe just wait until you have the option to get on one of these instead. I am a fully abled person and would prefer the catamarans over the tenders any day. Either way, i am sure you will be fine :D

Archived