8G verses 8H balcony size, on the Legend?

crazycruzer68

That's what Carnival is telling me, all the same size. If I could though I would rather have a longer balcony instead of a deeper one. The cabins that are open are on the upper deck 5131 is one of them. I really like the location of my current cabin on the Panorama deck, but would like that long balcony :confused::confused:.

We have an 8H and recently I saw pics of an 8G, big nice balcony!! Does anyone know if that is the size of ours?

It's the same size. 10' long by 6' deep (standard balcony is 10' x 4'). It's 8G because it's a lower deck than the 8H and some people will pay more to be higher up. Cabin and balcony will be the same as you have now, unless you have one of the "odd balls" mentioned that are longer, like 8234, 8232, 8281 for example.

Cabin 5131 is just a normal size, 60 sq. ft. extended balcony. I am looking at the deck plans as I type this.There are however 3 cabins each on decks 6, 7 & 8 that have super long balconies. The ones on deck 5 are 8G cabins and the ones on deck 6 & 7 are 8H. Maybe you saw a picture of one of the ones on deck 5 and that's why you are confused. Here are the cabin numbers with these super long balconies.

6281*

7303*

8239*

* not quite as long as the other balconies but longer than regular extended balconies

It is my understanding that some of these cabins are handicap altho I don't no which ones. If you booked one and aren't handicapped it's possible that Carnival could and move you if it's needed for a handicap person. As far as I know, all other 8G and 8H balconies on Spirit Class ships are the same size approx. 10' wide X 6' deep.

Hello I am handicapped and was on Legend and they gave me 7303 I had a huge balcony easy to get out with wheel chair. This time I am going on the pride and they gave me 7260 so I do know that the 2 of them are handicapped.. Cruise is just around the corner cannot wait.

Hello I am handicapped and was on Legend and they gave me 7303 I had a huge balcony easy to get out with wheel chair. This time I am going on the pride and they gave me 7260 so I do know that the 2 of them are handicapped.. Cruise is just around the corner cannot wait.

That makes sense because those are the cabins that are turned sideways. I was thinking that those were the handicap cabins but wasn't sure so I didn't post it. The cabins that are not turned sideways (6232, 7256, 8232) might not be handicap. Again, I am not sure tho.

We have 8175, so just the regular extended I guess. Am I sounding spoiled here? We have had suites before on the Fantasy class, are these balconys bigger that that?

Never been in a suite on a fantasy class ship so I can't tell you if the balconies are about the same you but if you are happy with the location of your cabin on the panorama deck there would be no advantage to moving to 5131. The balconies are the same size. Have a great cruise.

Archived