Upgrades on guarantees?

Cruzn Buckeye,

I havent had much luck with upgrades. We booked an oceanview guarantee and are on deck 2 cat I, but my inlaws always manage to get upgraded. They booked an inside guarantee and ended up on deck 10 L cat. Anyway, it doesnt matter as long as you're on the boat!

Trouble

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

1997 Majesty of the Seas

1998 Sovereign of the Seas

2000 Radiance of the Seas

2003 Grandeur of the Seas

2004 Voyager of the Seas

We booked an inside guarantee on the May 30 Rhapsody. I was worried we would be in the worst stateroom on deck 2, but we actually ended up with an inside room on deck 7, close to the elevators. I am pretty pleased!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;30;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Family Cruise on the Rhapsody

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;11;20;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Thanksgiving on the Grand Princess

We had great luck on our guarantee upgrade. On Radiance Sept 2003 we book a Q room deck 2 on guarantee. Three weeks before we left we found we were upgraded to a M room on Deck 7. As long as you accept the level of room you have booked any up grade will be great, but don't be disappointed if you don't get upgraded as high as you think you should.

Good luck!

Carnival Victory Can/NE

Sept 2004

Voyager of the Seas Can/NE

Sept 2004

Radiance of the Seas Alaska

Sept 2003

Radiance of the Seas Alaska

June 2002

Actually we have a longer cruise booked in September. We were supposed to cruise in March but had to cancel due to emergent surgery. This will be our first time on RCCL. We will be glad to be on the ship. We need a vacation! But would like to get upgraded to maybe a little larger oceanview cabin.

Cruzn Buckeye

IMHO RCI is stingy with upgrades. I am Diamond and have many cruises with RCI. Even with this, I have never been given a really exciting upgrade.

I am in Cat Z GTY on Vision June 4 and have been assigned an L. Considering how much space there is and how close it is to sailing, I was hoping for more.

RCI now does their GTY cabin assignments by computer.

Because I know I am getting what I pay for, I cannot complain. Still, one would hope they would give a bit of special treatment to loyal passengers.

CG

RCI(37),NCL(12),Princess(1),HAL(2),Celebrity(3), Carnival(2), Eastern (13),Radisson(2), Star Clippers(1),Home Lines(2), Costa(5),Big Red Boat (6), Dolphin (1), Commodore (2), Others (11)

CG,

I think the problem is that RCI thinks you're already a loyal customer. Maybe you should send them that list of your cruises, so they know how much more business they could be getting from you for the cost of just a few perks! icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Archived