What would you do? LAX to San Pedro return?

Rick Niles

OK here is what I have......I have a group of 11

I have been quoted $150 taxes and tip included for 2 private Vans each way.....This is the way I am leaning....

Do you think 11 of us would fit in 2 taxis( do they have taxi Vans)? I have read its $60 ish each way by taxi but not sure if Vans are more.

We have a 12:30 Sunday flight so I don't want to be waiting for the Private van if it doesn't come till we call it and then its a 1 hour wait , not sure how it works but I am sure there will be a very large line waiting for the cabs...

What would you do???

Rick

You will not fit in 2 taxis if they are cars. At most, they carry 5 pax plus driver. Most only have 4 pax, the front center has the meter, radios, etc. Since all occupants must wear seat belts, they can't legally squeeze an extra person. Also keep in mind they will need to have space for your luggage.

I think van is a better bet. Check the shuttle services recommended on this board. I believe 11 will fill a van meaning you won't be delayed by pickup or dropoff of other people. Look on the shuttle company websites for fares, routes, FAQs, and to contact them or reserve a van.

You will not fit into two taxis. Go with the private vans. If it doesn't work out you'll just have to get additional taxis.

Now you should book them, then before your trip verify it again and then call them that morning as soon as you are at port which is a few hours before you get off the ship.

Keith

OK here is what I have......I have a group of 11

I have been quoted $150 taxes and tip included for 2 private Vans each way.....This is the way I am leaning....

Do you think 11 of us would fit in 2 taxis( do they have taxi Vans)? I have read its $60 ish each way by taxi but not sure if Vans are more.

We have a 12:30 Sunday flight so I don't want to be waiting for the Private van if it doesn't come till we call it and then its a 1 hour wait , not sure how it works but I am sure there will be a very large line waiting for the cabs...

What would you do???

Rick

Just for your information upfront...

A taxi may be $60, but it may also go up to $80 depending on traffic, and the taxi driver's route (do you get a good driver or a bad driver).

This also does not include tip.

So even with a taxi, you're just gambling on it being a little bit less - but it could end up more.

So $150 tax and tip included is about the same.

You would also have to get and wait for Taxi Vans, which may or may not be there.

I would book the Private Cars, as they will be there waiting, and you will go directly and have less stress and worry.

One of my new favorites is http://www.xpressshuttle.com

you can also check with http://www.execucar.com

http://www.karmel.com

All of those are good companies that I can recommend personally.

With that many people involved, I wouldn't rely on taxis.

PS with those companies, they will be there. Give them an approximate time, they are used to the cruise schedules. Then have the card with you, and just call again when you are waiting in line to debark.

Very easy.

reserve your van or other form s of transportation in advance..

we took a cab from San Pedro to LAX..were one of the first off too..

there was a line of cabs as well as yellow cabvans..you ll find a supervisor

outside of the terminal and they ll arrange for your transportation needs..

you may need a couch for 11 people if you want to travel together so you

can call Supershuttle and ask for info..(800) 622-2089 x2

Archived