A party for THE RMS Queen Mary

Incase anyone is interested there will be a party for Mary on Sept. 26th in honor of the 75th Anniversary of her launching. We went to her 70th party and it was wonderful! I'm so sorry we'll have to miss this one :(

http://qm75th.eventbrite.com/

What a terrific idea. I wish I could go, but have booked another event the same night.I have been to Queen Mary in Long Beach several times, and love being aboard, though she is a shaddow of her former self, still she is afloat and alive.

Perhaps we can talk about her on our Hawaiian adventure in 2011.

Best Mike

Hi Beth,

We should plan to celebrate with Mary for her 80th. It's a bit of a trip for you but would be a wonderful time! And I will certainly toast with you on the 26th :D

Betsy

I just noticed that you were aboard QM2 in January 2008 for the Rendesvous in NYC. We were as well, and nearly froze everything off, Finally retired to the QG and watched the fireworks out the windows.

It was absolutely amazing, to stand off Battery Park and watch the thousands ( well it seemed so ) of flash bulbs going off in the apartments and building ashore when QM came into view. As we were waiting to depart at Red Hook, we discovered that we could wave to the many tour boats which were also part of the festivity. We had two suites on nine starboard, and as we waived at the boats, a flurry of flashbulbs followed. So we did it boat after boat.

What a terrific time that was.

Best Mike

Archived